Reddit is home to thousands of communities, endless conversation, and authentic human connection
Senior Backend Engineer, Advertiser Success
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Monetization is often the most data-heavy, latency sensitive, and technically demanding part of any online business. Our Ads Engineers work on the newly released Reddit Ads platform, all the way from the front-end tools for ad creation to predictive modeling, delivery, auctions, and attribution.
You’ll be joining Reddit’s Advertiser Success team. Our mission is to empower advertisers to quickly and easily find value with Reddit Ads. We are a vertical product team that works across the stack, primarily focused on the frontend, APIs, and backend powering ads.reddit.com. Our engineers are distributed across the country (San Francisco Office, New York Office, Remote).
As a backend engineer on Advertiser Success, you’ll build APIs and services to support a wide range of products from bulk entity creation to ads reporting to inventory forecasting.
- Collaborate with frontend and full stack engineers on your team to build new products end-to-end
- Ship services and jobs with excellent stability, monitoring, and alerting
- Improve the performance and stability of our existing features
- 5+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Sound software engineering fundamentals
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a customer-focused team
- Curiosity and ability to be autonomous to figure out what's important
Employer-paid health benefits
Unlimited vacation days
Pet care stipend
Reddit at a glance
Reddit focuses on Social Media, News, Social Bookmarking, Content, and Social News. Their company has offices in San Francisco and New York. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Reddit has raised $550.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019 at a valuation of $3B.