Unleashing transformative digital growth and solving complex problems in a variety of
Front End Developer
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Execute and hit deadlines as well as provide timely feedback if the scope is incorrect
- Intermediate to advanced HTML, CSS, JS, Git version control
- Can actively produce consistent, quality code in line with our Coding
- Adept communicator with technical and non-technical task creators (tech translator)
- Continuously looks for opportunities for improvement/efficiencies in the codebase they support
- Intermediate debugging skills (ex: debug base HTML, CSS, JS issues)
Required technical experience:
- 3-5+ years experience in front-end web development
- Git version control
- Build systems – Gulp (preferred), Grunt, Webpack (second preference), NPM, Bower
- Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop and Sketch
- Proficient knowledge and practical implementation of:
- Semantic markup using HTML5
- CSS through the use of pre-processors such as LESS, SASS, etc.
- Can develop fully responsive websites (using CSS media queries… JS-based solutions not accepted as meeting these criteria)
- Create clean, well organized and structured code in all of the above
- Intermediate debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with build tools (Grunt, Gulp, NPM, Bower, Webpack)
- Experience with version control tools (Git)
- Understanding of further reaching technical concepts (API’s, modular concepts,
- Influential communicator with technical and non-technical individuals
- Share their knowledge and grow fellow developers through documentation, code reviews, mentorship, and training
- Can work autonomously and self-initiated
- Strong attention to detail
Things that will impress us:
- React JS, Vue JS or Angular JS experience
- Ability to architect and develop their own API’s
- Ability to architect and develop build scripts (Gulp and Webpack preferred)
- Ability to develop Progressive Web Apps (PWAs), Electron apps, React Native apps, or mobile native apps
- Ability to somewhat cross the threshold into the backend (those that go more full-stack)
- Practical Implementation of Web Accessibility Standards (compliance with WCAG 2.0 Level AA preferred)
- Building their own side projects showing more advanced skills
- Contributing to an open source project
- Volunteering time educating/mentoring fellow developers
Why Red Ventures?
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services in the home services, financial services, and healthcare industries. We use advanced analytics, data science, and integrated technology to cultivate and customize digital connections between brands and customers. We marry the speed of a start-up, the DNA of a digital agency, the strategic thinking of a consultancy, and the analytical skills of a big data company. Red Ventures is headquartered in Charlotte, NC and has more than 3,500 employees in offices across the US as well as in Brazil and London.
We don’t do things because “that’s the way we’ve always done it.” We evaluate every process and fix what doesn’t work. We solve business problems because we are a culture of Doers. We care less about roles and more about solutions that move us forward. You will have the opportunity to challenge yourself and grow.
Where good becomes great. We believe in work/life balance and offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for leadership and career progression
- Open PTO policy
- Brand new Learning & Development Center
- 401k matching
- Family-friendly health, dental, and vision insurance
- Outdoor amphitheater and jogging/bike trail
- Onsite health center
- Health and wellness programs and classes
- Onsite gyms, basketball court, yoga studio, and bowling alley
- Other perks (just ask!)
If Red Ventures sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, feel free to share if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or another platform.
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specialize in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provide better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK, and Brazil.
Red Ventures at a glance
Red Ventures focuses on Digital Media, Healthcare, Financial Services, Information Technology, and Advertising. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Austin, and Atlanta. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Red Ventures has raised $250M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2015.