Platform for Energy Demand Flexibility
Business Operations Analyst$80k – $90k • 0.1% – 0.15%
Business Operations Analyst
Recurve is looking for a Business Operations Analyst to support all elements of Recurve’s business operations, including finance/accounting, human resources, strategy, organizational design, pricing, and investor relations. This role will lead or support various initiatives based on the needs of the business, as well as contribute to monthly reporting to the BOD and senior leadership. This is a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary role, and the ideal candidate will be able to effectively communicate with and learn from team members from across the whole organization. The Business Operations Analyst will report to the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Manage projects from inception to completion, including setting goals and developing hypotheses, receiving feedback from stakeholders, iterating, and implementing solutions
- Contribute to the monthly close process, develop and track KPIs, and prepare monthly and quarterly BOD deliverables
- Support planning and budgeting processes, both short-term and long-term
- Analyze financing needs, model alternatives, and prepare documentation and/or pitch materials
- On an as-needed basis, support various HR, payroll, and benefit processes and decisions
- Support the Director of Finance and Operations in answering business operations questions, such as: 1. Is our sales cycle shortening? What are the common characteristics of opportunities that close quickly? 2. How do we design a commission structure for new salespeople that incentivizes the right set of behaviors? 3. Which customer cohorts are performing best, and why?
- Work collaboratively with other functions, especially Engineering and Customer Success
- Facilitate meetings, including scheduling, setting the agenda, taking notes, and assigning next steps
- Roll up your sleeves and get things done!
Required Experiences and Skills
- 2-4 years’ work experience
- Big 4, Management Consulting, Investment Banking, or similar analytical experience
- Strong business acumen
- Hypothesis-led approach to problem-solving
- Excellent Excel skills
- Adaptability and ability to learn quickly
- Strong oral communication skills
Preferred Experiences and Skills
- Energy industry experience, especially with DERs, utilities, and renewables
- Comfortable with PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Tableau, SQL, CRMs
- Southern California-based, but remote is also fine. We want to find the best candidate, regardless of location!
Recurve is dedicated to solving clean energy grid challenges to meet our climate goals. Our company is building the platform that will unlock the flow of capital into demand-side energy resources that will be critical in this endeavor, including energy efficiency, electrification, and demand response. Founded in 2015, our customers include some of the largest utilities in the country, such as PG&E in California and Con Edison in New York, as well as leading implementers, such as Guidehouse and CLEAResult. We have raised multiple rounds of funding, have ample runway, and have a strong relationship with our board, ensuring continued access to capital.
Recurve is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.