Technology to monitor and report cyber security threats in real time
Threat Intelligence Analyst
What you'll do:
- Produce finished intelligence reports that address clients’ priority intelligence requirements; topics can range from overall threats to an industry to analysis of large-scale indicator lists
- Research sets of standardized queries related to cyber threats for clients on a regular basis (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly); Work with and automate regularly recurring datasets
- Support ad hoc intelligence requests on a broad spectrum of cyber threat activity
- Engage with clients across report lifecycle: Initial scoping, finished intelligence delivery, and follow-up review / support
- Develop novel, automated, or simpler processes for research and analysis
- Work on projects across multiple research teams with sometimes tight deadlines
Required Skills / Experience:
- 2+ years experience as a threat intelligence analyst or in similar position
- Excellent writing skills, to be assessed via a writing sample; Ability to convey complex technical and non-technical concepts in written & verbal products
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
- Experience researching and analyzing cyber threats across either multiple industries or multiple timeframes (e.g., both weekly and quarterly)
- Experience using analysis models such as MITRE ATT&CK, the Diamond Model, and the Cyber Kill Chain
- Familiarity with tools such as DomainTools, VirusTotal, and SHODAN
- Additional languages desirable but not required - preference for Russian, Mandarin, Korean, Arabic, or Farsi
Why should you join Recorded Future?
From over 35 nationalities, our Futurists are the perfect recipe of humility, accountability, and collaborative attitudes. Our dedication to empowering clients with elite intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
Our goal is to create an environment which attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of backgrounds and lifestyles where they can feel included and respected for who they are and what they bring to Recorded Future.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Recorded Future at a glance
Recorded Future focuses on SaaS, Analytics, Machine Learning, Real Time, and Enterprise Security. Their company has offices in Somerville. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Recorded Future has raised $58.578M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2017.