"Mint" for Healthcare
Software Engineer$100k – $130k
Reclaim is an MIT spinoff whose mission is to demystify healthcare costs. We make a healthcare financial planning tool to help consumers save on healthcare.
Reclaim notifies its users of all incoming bills and helps them discover ways to save on their planned and unplanned care.
Through machine learning, we help users pick the best health plan for their personal situation to ensure their family has the right plan and they don’t pay too much. We also recommend how much they should put into their HSA or FSA accounts.
We’re making health finances simple, personal, and just right.
We are looking for a backend engineer who is eager to jump into a variety of areas in the backend: building, optimizing and implementing data pipelines; as well as implementing RESTful APIs. You should get excited about working with data scientists and comfortable communicating and collaborating with the team, especially other senior members. You should look forward to ‘demo days’ and retrospectives, and be effective communicating with everyone (not just other engineers). You should enjoy the fast pace of start-up life and be ready to adjust to shifts in requirements and priorities as business goals evolve.
What you’ll do:
- Help us build backend services and pipelines to support the mobile application
- Design and implement microservices in Flask
- Provide and receive constructive feedback from code reviews
- Improve our Cloud architecture running on AWS and Docker
- Ensure our Swagger documentation successfully communicates API functionality
- Continually improve security and scalability of the platform
Who you are:
- A software professional with 3-8 years of hands-on proven experience
- A strong Python developer with proficient understanding of concurrency, performance, optimization and implementation of algorithms in a production environment
- Experienced with Flask and RESTful APIs
- Someone who comes up to speed quickly and enjoys diving in
- A critical thinker who seeks the best answers and avoids ‘group-think’
- Thoughtful and considerate, and cares about the company culture
- Respect and understand the role of DevOps and are experienced with one of the cloud service providers
- You enjoy working with a talented team, pushing yourself and your teammates to continually improve
- AWS experience (Lambda, S3, RDS, API Gateway, Cognito)
- Experience with security, HIPAA, NIST, NISPOM or other security design and requirements is highly desirable
- Full stack experience is desired but not required
- Experience with Python Analysis libraries such as Pandas, Scikit-learn, Spark ML, PyTorch, Keras
More about Reclaim:
Our current team has data science, health innovation, insurance expertise, distributed systems, and big data expertise. We were located in Central Square in Cambridge, right in the heart of Boston's innovation hub. Currently we’re all remote and semi-distributed. Ideally we’d like to keep the team in the northeast.
Our company is tiny, which means every single person who joins our team makes an everlasting mark on our company's future and culture. The truth is, you will not fit our culture, you will build it with us. We are entrepreneurial, we are passionate, we strive for quick, we are leaders, and we lift each other. Reclaim Health is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work.