A Better Way to Buy and Finance Your Home
We're a fully remote (applicant must be in the US) early stage startup focused on helping Mortgage Originators get mortgage documentation painlessly from their consumers, resulting in no conditions/document requirements from underwriting (time and money savings).
What You'll Do:
- Work in an early stage start-up and have a say in everything
- Proudly own the development of the RealKey code base from the ground up
- Collaborate daily with a remote team to plan work, influence design, and develop features
- Communicate constantly but asynchronously through Clubhouse, merge requests, and email
- Promote development processes and designs that harden the product quality and security
What We Require:
- Be excited by the ambiguous nature of early stage product development
- Must be self directed and be a productive member of a 100% remote team
- Has a lot of knowledge to share but willing to constantly learn new things
- Can work with the team to find the right balance between cost, time, and quality
- Has deployed more than 2 applications built with ReactJS
- Understands good API design and has practical experience with GraphQL
- Works with relational databases like Postgres and can write queries manually when needed
- Truly cares about automation and testing of all kinds – unit, integration, performance, E2E etcs
- Communicates clearly in written format so that documentation, merge requests, and issue tickets are of high quality
Preference to individuals with:
- Experience with CI/CD systems, particularly GitLab CI
- Comfort with Docker and container platforms
- Experience with GCP or AWS
- Who can describe technologies in their current work and can talk about the complex problems they are working on (include samples).
Our Tech Stack:
These are the major tools we use right now but are not limited to them. We expect to add others as the business needs arise (*=Must be fluent).
- TypeScript, NodeJS*
- ReactJS*, Apollo Client, GraphQL*
- HapiJS, Apollo Server
- PostgreSQL, KnexJS
- GitLab CI
- Google Cloud Platform
How We Work:
We don't like agile ceremony and JIRA is a four letter word. We work purposefully in our Clubhouse Kanban board to communicate status and blockers. Our code is continuously built and deployed with GitLab CI after a thorough code review. Everyday the team meets meets at a scheduled time on Zoom for standup and any other topics on the agenda. We communicate in Slack when we need to and otherwise focus on deep, productive, work.
The First 3 Months:
You will jump right in, and help shorten our backend backlog immediately. You will also begin building out parts of our frontend.
- Initial screening of application and Sample Code
- Interview, including overview of company and getting to know you
- Interview with additional team members and executive staff
- 1 Hour Code Demo over Zoom
- Background/Credit/Reference Check
You are someone who will roll up their sleeves and get dirty without hesitation, but are also someone who can help scale our development team though our Series A round.
What's in it for you:
- Coming in with a clearly defined problem, but with wide open spaces for developing the best solution.
- Own development end to end.
- Freedom to work remotely (must be in the US).
- Can work on new never-been-done-before solutions.
- Can have significant and direct impact with our users.
- Huge upside potential for career and financial rewards.
- Will work with experienced thought leaders and mentors. CEO has been the #1 mortgage originator in the US. Head of Engineering was the Director of Engineering for DataScience.com (acquired by Oracle). Head of Product Strategy was a lead design strategist at Intuit and TurboTax.
Meet your team
RealKey at a glance
RealKey focuses on Enterprise Software, Real Estate, Finance Technology, and Mortgage. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, RealKey has raised $1.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2018.