Product Marketing Manager
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for organizing and orchestrating the company’s product launches. He drives efficient tactics in line with the product’s and the company’s strategy to achieve results in sales. Definitely market oriented, he empowers the product’s value proposition in a compelling way that generates customer engagement. He is a strategic and tactical leader when it comes to market knowledge and end user needs.
Rakuten Aquafadas, a subsidiary of Rakuten group specialized in Digital content publishing and Mobile applications is seeking a Product Marketing Manager to reinforce the existing Marketing team.
In Japanese, Rakuten stands for “optimism”. This philosophy lies at the core of our brand.
Rakuten, Inc. is a Japanese electronic commerce and online retailing company founded in 1997. Rakuten’s e-commerce platform is the largest e-commerce site in Japan and among the world’s largest by sales. The company operates Japan's biggest Internet bank and number one credit card company by transaction value. It also offers e-commerce, fintech, digital content and communications services to over one billion members around the world, and operates in 29 countries and regions.
Rakuten Aquafadas is a software company, founded in 2006, specializing in no-code development platforms to build mobile apps for smartphones, tablets and web designed for enterprises and digital publishers. Headquartered in Montpellier, France, Rakuten Aquafadas is a major subsidiary of Rakuten
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The position reports to Marketing Director or the CEO. The Product Marketing Manager will work with Company Marketing Director, the Marketing UI/UX team, the Product Owners, the Product Manager, the Project Managers as well as directly with clients. The Product Marketing Manager will drive cross-functional team leadership as well as working with the company internal Rakuten teams to launch products. He will also communicate with company leadership team, including executives of Rakuten Group and clients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 5+ years experience with Product Marketing, Content Marketing or Brand Management,
- Have successfully conducted at least five major projects of launching products, involving internal cross-teams and clients,
- Background in international organizations is a plus,
- Familiar with product marketing tactics - outbound and inbound actions,
- Strategic planning & business skills,
- Perform risk management to minimize product launch risks; report and escalate to management as needed,
- Face to face customer interaction experience,
- Analytical mindset - Experience in market analysis,
- Understanding of and experience with analytic and data tools in order to drive decision making based on hard data,
- Deep understanding of sales channels and processes,
- Experience in pricing analysis, strategy & policy
- Strong knowledge of digital practices in the media landscape,
- Excellent communication leadership (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to synthesize and explain complex problems in a simple way ,
- Empathy & proven ability to influence others across the organization and build trust with a wide range of audiences (stakeholders, third parties),
- Have experience in C-Level reporting,
- Have the ability to perform under pressure,
- Highly autonomous and organized,
- An adaptive mindset to prioritize changes,
- Rigorous, synthetic, curious and creative,
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and able to take ownership of tasks, and delegate where appropriate,
- In-depth knowledge of agile methodologies and how product marketing interfaces within an agile environment,
- Engaging bridge builder between cross-functional teams (technical and business),
- Acts as a role model to enable marketing and sales teams to launch products on the market on time,
- Must be available to travel (international and national),
- Is fluent in French and English, very good written and oral command of both languages,
- Detail to attention is required,
- Thrilled by new digital economy, fast-paced and changing environment,
- Position location offered in Montpellier, France or Paris, France (or other Rakuten office locations).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY, RESULT AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct continuously market research and competitor analysis to identify strategic needs and opportunities,
- Collect prospects’ and customers’ feedback from sales team that could nurture product innovation,
- Communicate regularly inbound/outbound on market trends,
- Represent the "Market’s Voice".
- Collaborate internally with leaders to help elaborate and execute the mission, vision, and strategy of the company,
• Share and promote the product’s vision within the product management team (Product Owner, Product Manager and Project Manager),
• Provides market inputs to the product management stakeholders,
• Develop and oversee effective product go-to-market strategies and plans (pricing, advertising, product launching),
• In-line with the company's markeing strategy, elaborate product positioning, USP (Unique Selling Proposition), key messages, and competitive advantages,
• Implement internal product strategy and plans in-line with the global marketing strategy.
Marketing plan & Content strategy
- Translate the company's marketing plan into actionable go-to-market plans,
- Develop and establish market segmentation for each product offering,
- Analyze direct and indirect sales data to adapt and improve marketing plan using marketing and sale techniques,
- Help Establish a content strategy (channels, content, personae, roadmap) to engage prospects and clients along the plan.
Collaterals & Sales tools
- Create strong positioning statements and compelling messages for product communication,
- Manage and nurture content production for product communication,
- Design prospect & customer transformation journey and rollout tactical campaigns,
- Develop appealing presentations, product sheets, email campaigns, case studies, FAQs, white papers, press kits, social content, web site content, videos, infographics for marketing and sales lead generation,
- Train and advise the Sales team in their commercial pitches.
- Strong product knowledge,
- Manage the successful execution of product launches,
- Create product launch kits to support the go-to-market strategies,
- Support the Marketing team in the launch & acquisition strategy,
- Coordinate closely with Product Managers and Product Owners to synchronize development and marketing milestones (project timelines, launch calendars, documentation),
- Keep tight tracking of all customer insights during product acceleration phases,
- Coordinate the release with Marketing, Sales, and Development up until general availability,
- Track and report success on product launch to internal teams,
- Manage product roadshows and press tours,
- Deliver success stories and customer testimonials,
- Evaluate launch projects with KPIs and customers feedback.
Pricing strategy and policy
- Determine global strategy with sales teams,
- Generate pricing matrices and discount scenarios,
- Setup discount levels and special pricing for direct and indirect channels.
- Translate technical details and features into benefits for the user of our products.
- Ability to turn analytics and data insights into compelling and engaging stories,
- Empower and inspire internally Product Marketing best-practices,
- Leadership to influence seamlessly cross-functional teams such sales, marketing and product management for better alignment,
- Act as a company ambassador at all times to explain the benefits of the product offering,
- Inspire the corporate communication as an active contributor,
- Manage PR, press and review programs,
- Applies and promotes the Rakuten culture, ethics and values.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.