Dubbed “The Most Innovative Streaming Video Service” by Forbes, Rakuten Viki is the world’s leading platform for Asian entertainment and lifestyle, where tens of millions of people watch their favorite TV shows, movies, and influencer videos and engage with the content. With more than a billion words translated into 200+ languages by a community of avid fans, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, we are in search of a Full Stack Engineer who can work in a fast-paced, professional environment. We’re responsible for a variety of systems. Our API is built using variety of technologies such as Go, Node, Redis, Ruby, RabbitMq and PostgreSql. We are scaling and adding a number of interesting features such as search, social and advanced push notifications. We manage our own deployments (think Docker, Scout, Logstash and StatsD) and are responsible for end-to-end delivery of the components. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Write APIs using Ruby
- Focus on code quality and testability
- Improve application performance
- Continually improve technical processes to get us operating more efficiently
- Agile and Data Driven mindset Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with any of the following: Ember.js, Backbone.js or AngularJS
- Ruby on Rails is preferred, but know that any smart, experienced coder is going to be able to pick up Ruby on Rails quickly
- Familiarity with Nginx, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ and/or Unicon
- Experience building complex enterprise systems We’re small but diverse, with more than 25 nationalities and 40 languages represented among our 100+ employees. Come break down barriers that stand between great entertainment and its fans everywhere and help us make a difference as we grow.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.