Senior Analytics Engineer -RAKUTEN READY
Rakuten Ready (formerly Curbside) builds a next generation cloud platform to connect stores and restaurants for mobile ordering. Rakuten Ready platform bridges the divide between online and bricks-and-mortar stores and restaurants, delivering mobile convenience for shoppers in the communities in which they live, work and play. Customers include Nordstrom, CVS, Pizza Hut and Boston Market. Rakuten Ready fosters a work environment that is respectful, fair and welcoming and we hire according to these values.
We are searching for a Senior Software Engineer (Analytics) to join our team! This position requires a self-motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills who can think of, put forward, design and implement efficient and scalable solutions to challenging problems. The prime directive is to be a key contributor in the development of our platform and its analytics. Moreover, significant contribution to the architecture of the system along with coaching of more junior members of the team is expected.
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated individual with strong problem-solving skills
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced and informal environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Detail-oriented, analytical, methodical
- Creative thinker committed to driving quality forward
- Passionate about data and what we can extract from it
- Strong interest in functional programming
- Familiar with distributed systems (sharding, lambda arch., streaming arch., etc.)
- Experience with big data (Bigquery, Cassandra, Hbase, Hadoop, Redshift, etc.)
- Excellent grasp of statistics
- Comfortable working in a distributed team
- 1+ year of experience with distributed streaming architecture
- 2+ years of experience building analytics systems
- 1+ year of experience working with Clojure
- 2+ years of experience dealing with Apache Kafka
- 1+ year of experience working with Google BigQuery
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.