Product Manager (ShopStyle Collective)
Our ShopStyle Collective team is looking for an experienced Product Manager to help build tools for content creators and influencers. This role will be based in both the San Mateo and San Francisco offices, and report to the Head of Product for ShopStyle Collective.
We are looking for a smart, intuitive, empathetic, energetic, friendly, and fun person who can put on a professional game face for our users and partners.
- Own the lifecycle and delivery of product initiatives through ideation, development, launch, testing, and iteration of new production features.
- Gather requirements from our users (influencers), customer-facing teams, and market sources to ensure consensus and alignment among stakeholders and throughout the organization.
- Translate high-level conceptual product ideas into clearly defined product specifications.
- Ensure that we make the right choices about what features to build (opportunity analysis). Then scope those features well, work with UX on the interaction design, gather feedback, and work with the engineering team to see your vision turned into a reality.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization (engineering, account management, community, marketing, business development) to manage beta programs and to ensure that new features get rolled out internally, and adopted by our customers.
- Be the expert who can help users (internal and external) with questions about your feature areas.
- Work with product and engineering leadership on release planning, tracking and triage.
- Contribute to strategic analysis on the fashion technology market, and be responsible for higher-level strategic analysis on a given platform, initiative, feature-set, etc.
You thrive working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You can handle multiple projects simultaneously with stakeholders across various groups. You know when to push for optimal requirements and when to accept practical compromises. And you handle constructive feedback well.
And of course, chemistry is everything. You can't put a price on resonance with the team culturally. It's a special position for a special person. Bring your best.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 3+ years of relevant experience (including familiarity with Product Management in software)
- Experience in managing complex releases
- An eye for design and usability
- Strong communication skills
- Extensive experience and interest in influencer marketing, visual content monetization, UGC, fashion technology, e-commerce, fashion, and/or B2B2C would be preferred
About the Company:
ShopStyle, Inc. (a subsidiary of Rakuten) is made up of two business units.
ShopStyle.com is the world’s leading search engine for fashion offering over 18 million products and 1,400 brands and retailers across the globe in one place. User can discover items, save items for later, and get alerts when those items drop in price. Learn more at ShopStyle.com.
ShopStyle Collective is a monetization platform for fashion content creators. Influencers earn a commission on sales from items linked via the ShopStyle product catalog. Our network of more than 15,000 bloggers, vloggers, Instagrammers and app developers empower fashion-focused shopping across their respective channels. Learn more at ShopStyleCollective.com.
See what it's like working at our Crimson House West campus in San Mateo, CA!
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.