Senior UX Writer
We are looking for a UX Writer who can drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touch points — while maintaining Rakuten’s tone and voice. You will use your gift for storytelling to design intuitive, delightful product experiences that help users accomplish their goals. You will write concise, well-crafted messaging that supports and helps to define large-scale content strategy. You will help shape how our voice evolves and grows as you help create innovative features and interactions.
What’s the job?
- Work cross-functionally with different teams, including design, data, product, engineering, legal, marketing, and customer support. Collaborating with each, you strive to establish a unified voice for the brand. You regularly use empathy, logic, and data to inform content choices and to advocate for the user.
- You will drive guidelines and best practices, manage complex, cross-functional projects, and work with leadership to set goals and implement product roadmaps.
- Deliver concise, user-focused copy that proactively answers questions, drives retention, and calls for action across consumer-facing and internal products.
- Create and maintain a usable product copy style guide that allows product, customer support, and development teams to move quickly; proactively clearing bottlenecks.
- Interact with customer-facing teams to understand how users engage with our products and what information they need to be successful.
- Offer a content strategy perspective throughout the product development process and influence strategic decisions across and within products to improve the overall user experience.
- Develop content frameworks, product narratives, and other deliverables that explain the strategy.
- Be a go-to-resource and subject matter expert for all product user communications.
- Work with product and marketing teams to extract informative data from market research and consumer insights to guide positioning and messaging recommendations.
- Carry out market research in order to keep up to date with customer trends, as well as trying to predict future trends.
- Evangelize our brand voice across all parts of the business.
What is expected of me?
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in user-focused writing, including documentation or journalism (retail industry a plus).
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in shaping content for multi-disciplinary projects, with a portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines.
- Strong writing, grammatical and proofreading skills with the ability to be creative in writing product descriptions.
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Experience partnering with Product, Engineering, Research and Marketing to craft broader product strategies. A positive attitude, open mindset.
- Ability to be a dependable team player.
Join Rakuten Rewards (formerly known as Ebates) and enjoy a fast-paced, friendly environment where creativity and teamwork are valued and results are recognized. We’re headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area and have 12 offices worldwide. Our group of companies includes ShopStyle and Cartera Commerce.
As part of the Rakuten Rewards team, you’ll experience the best of both worlds: a large, profitable, multinational company with the rapid growth and agility of a startup.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.