Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager will be part of Rakuten Advertising's Sales team and will be accountable for building and maintaining relationships with key decision-makers at some of the largest e-commerce companies.
The Business Development Manager will focus on new customer acquisition for Rakuten Advertising’s products which include primarily Affiliate Marketing and Display (Prospecting) plus Retargeting, Paid Search, Social, Mobile and Attribution. They work with top e-commerce businesses to enable them to grow online sales and acquire new customers.
- Seek out and build relationships with industry contacts for new business opportunities
- Identify and develop new advertiser sales leads within assigned territory
- Produce a high volume of sales related activity (cold calls, presentations, proposals)
- Represent Rakuten Marketing at trade shows, seminars and industry events
- Formulate and present strategic presentations
- Work closely with internal team members during the RFP process to define a sales strategy that meets client and Rakuten Marketing needs
- Understand our competitive landscape to effectively sell against competitors and position Rakuten Marketing as the market leader
- Sell major new accounts in timely sales cycle while maintaining an active pipeline
- Meet and exceed all sales and revenue targets
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years of sales experience in a consultative sales environment
- Experience selling Affiliate Marketing is a must
- Experience selling Display (Prospecting), plus Retargeting, Search, Attribution, Social and/or Video is highly desired
- Retail and/or fashion expertise is also highly desired
- Proven record of generating new revenue and exceeding sales quota
- Experience selling software solutions to the C-level suite at Internet Retailer 1-250 companies
- Proven record of success in a consultative selling environment
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
Who are we?
Rakuten Advertising provides advertising technology and consumer insights to the world’s leading brands and retailers. Working with agencies and brands around the world, Rakuten Advertising unites technology, client strategy and consumer insights to deliver advertising experiences that drive increased brand awareness and marketing performance. Its foundation of advanced technology, data and strategic services positions Rakuten Advertising to offer a differentiated suite of advertising and marketing solutions, while constantly pushing the industry forward. It is a division of Rakuten Inc. (4755: TOKYO), one of the world’s leading Internet service companies. With access to Rakuten’s diverse media properties and audiences, combined with an award-winning performance network and proprietary consumer research, Rakuten Advertising creates the right conditions to reach new customers and sustain long-lasting loyalty. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices in Australia, Singapore, Brazil, France, Germany, Ukraine the United Kingdom and throughout the United States.
Learn more at www.RakutenAdvertising.com.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.