Manager of Payment and Risk Analytics
Join Rakuten Rewards (formerly known as Ebates) and enjoy a fast-paced, friendly environment where creativity and teamwork are valued and results are recognized. We’re headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area and have 12 offices worldwide. Our group of companies includes ShopStyle and Cartera Commerce. As part of the Rakuten Rewards team, you’ll experience the best of both worlds: a large, profitable, multinational company with the rapid growth and agility of a startup.
To learn about our culture and work environment, check us out on The Muse.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join a cutting edge team at a highly successful company! Rakuten Rewards is the archetypical data driven company, and in this role you’ll be critical to the ultimate success of the Rakuten Rewards product by making sure our members receive the cash back that they have earned. You’ll work with teams from across the company, including finance, member services, marketing, fraud, and the product development teams to deliver payments to our members. If you love data, have experience getting hundreds of millions of dollars to millions of people, and are ready for a new challenge, this role is a perfect fit.
- Analyze financial risk and then work to minimize that risk by using payment projections, fraud detection, and financial forecasting
- Understand member satisfaction with payment processes and strive to make members ecstatic
- Communicate risk and payment projections to company leadership, and deep dive to analyze data around the payments process
- Audit payment cycles, with a focus on breakage and payment anomalies
- Predict funding requirements for Rakuten Rewards’ payment partners
- Develop executive reporting surrounding the payment program, and drill down reporting for day-to-day operations
- Coordinate with member services and product teams to understand and help manage the payment processes, communication and internal payment tools
- Experience working as a business intelligence professional with a focus on the analytics and operations of a large consumer facing payment system or reward point program
- Experience designing and implementing new BI systems
- Experience querying large databases to derive actionable insights
- Experience developing new reports and dashboards within a comprehensive BI framework
- 4 plus years of experience working in the BI space
- Highly capable in SQL
- Highly capable in Tableau
- Experience with cross team project management
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience communicating analyses and fielding questions from executive team members
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience
- Experience working in e-commerce – risk and fraud prevention
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
See what it's like working at our Crimson House West campus in San Mateo, CA!
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.