Technical Product Manager (SmartTVs Experience)
Rakuten TV is looking for a Product Manager based in Barcelona.
Rakuten TV – “Your cinema at home” – is one of the leading Video-On-Demand platforms in Europe providing the latest movie releases with the latest technology in a true cinematic experience available on Smart TVs. Rakuten TV is now available in 42 countries and forms part of the Internet and e-commerce Japanese giant Rakuten, Inc., one of the world’s leading internet services companies, offering a wide variety of services for consumers and businesses, with a focus on e-commerce, fintech and digital content. Rakuten sponsors FC Barcelona, NBA Champion’s Golden State Warriors and Spartan Race, amongst others.
- Gather and analyze feedback from the customers, the market and/or all areas of the business.
- Identify, define and propose new product features and improvements.
- Write detailed and prioritized product requirements to create new features and improve existing ones.
- Understand Rakuten TV’s software stack to consider it when designing solutions
- Work with cross-functional teams and external partners to deliver on product objectives.
- Monitor the progress of new features and approve and coordinate commercial launches with relevant internal/external teams Define and analyze metrics that measure the success of products.
- Computer Engineer University degree or equivalent experience (not less than 3 years).
- Strong track record as a Product Manager having delivered successful products/features
- Technical understanding and ability to work with engineers.
- Knowledge of SCRUM and Agile methodologies is needed.
- Experience with Continuous Integration practices.
- Knowledge of cache frameworks and Elastic Search is an advantage.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail with data driven mentality.
- Natural ability to understand customers’ needs
- Exceptional organizational, planning and analytical skills.
- Ability to successfully work with multiple issues and teams at one time.
- High energy and creativity, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast growth and changing environment.
- English is mandatory. Any other EU language is an advantage
Some good reasons to apply
- Opportunity to work for leading company within the rapidly growing OTT market.
- Great work environment 2 blocks away from Poblenou’s beach
- Culturally diverse environment with people from approx. 22 different nationalities
- Regular company outings, off-sites and team-building events
- Private Medical Insurance or extra money for meal card/commuting card
- Free Language Classes on-site and interesting trainings and sponsorships
- Free massage for all the team
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.