Senior Product Marketing Manager
Rakuten Ready is the leader in Order for Pickup technology. We are seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager who will be responsible for owning our go to market strategy around our technology, platform, and solutions. This individual’s responsibilities will include defining product positioning, developing the go-to market strategy, and executing the product plans across the organization while monitoring business metrics and adapting strategies when necessary.
The ideal candidate has worked with technology platforms in the past and understand how to market towards non-technical as well as technical audiences. A firm understanding of retail and restaurant/QSR ecosystems and how to best engage decision makers within those industries is ideal. This person will report to the Head of Product Marketing and work closely with Product Management, Sales, and Marketing to drive inbound, GTM, and outbound initiatives.
- Deliver compelling product messaging and positioning that articulates Rakuten Ready’s unique value proposition.
- Develop materials (presentations, case studies, sales enablement tools, infographics, and more) that brings to life our value proposition through every part of the customer’s journey.
- Be the voice of our customers: Build and refine our buyer personas, differentiate between buyers and end-users, share customers needs/wants with internal cross functional teams.
- Collaborate with product management and sales to help evolve the positioning of our products
- Coordinate closely with sales training team to better prepare sellers for client meetings and at industry events
- Drive thought leadership around adoption of location services, best practices in the industry, as well as compelling pieces for our particular audience.
- Own the go to market strategy for Rakuten Ready’s solution - managing multiple projects at once.
- Make timely adjustment using data-backed insights to marketing strategies and plans to respond to changing markets and competitive conditions.
- Work with overall marketing team to promote the entire portfolio with meaningful customer journeys.
- 5+ years’ product marketing or product experience at a software company
- Experience in retail, restaurants, QSRs, eCommerce, and/or operations a plus
- Background in selling to B2B and working with enterprise sales teams
- Love technical solutions and creating compelling storylines for an enterprise audience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with marketers and executing campaigns across regions
- Experience leading and managing multiple projects at the same time
- Self-starter, ability to thrive in a fast paced, start-up environment
- Bachelor’s degree required, degree in computer science or a related field preferred, and MBA a plus
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.