Viki is a premier global entertainment streaming site where millions of people discover and consume primetime shows and movies subtitled in more than 200 languages, by our community of fans. With billions of videos viewed and more than 1 billion words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere! We are also part of the Rakuten Group of companies, which includes Viber, eBates, Lyft and more, reaching a global audience of nearly 1 billion users.
The Devops team at Viki is responsible for building infrastructure for the large distributed components that run Viki. We develop and maintain services that power Viki's API and business intelligence, as well as make architecture changes to scale them. We handle everything from Performance engineering, Cost optimisation, Security, Reliability engineering to Configuration and deployment pipelines. We run our systems on GCP with GKE and our media pipeline on AWS. We also use Spinnaker, Cloudbuild, ELK, Postgresql, Redis to name a few tools. You don’t have to be familiar with them, as long as you have built expertise with something equivalent. You will help us continuously improve our system, scale it to the next level and create guidelines for developers to follow.
What You’ll Do
- Design, build and maintain services and systems across Viki's platform
- Run Incident Management, Capacity Planning and SLO definition with developers.
- Help automate infrastructure tasks with Infrastructure as Code mindset.
- Diagnose and solve complex problems in distributed systems and develop solutions that have a significant impact at Viki's scale
- Tune services for performance and anticipate and prevent chaotic failures in our growing system
- Work closely with web and mobile teams to provider users with best experiences
What You'll need
- Passion to build scalable systems and deliver top tier services with impact worldwide
- We don't require experience in any particular technology, but you should have the ability to chew through difficult technical problems and gain insights from them.
- A solid foundation in understanding of practical operating system concepts around Linux/ Unix and grasp of basic networking are essential.
- Familiarity with Docker / Kubernetes or any equivalent systems is a must.
- Familiarity with either AWS or GCP or Azure is a must
- Past experience in scaling systems or working with high scale systems is a must.
We’re small but diverse, with more than 25 nationalities and 40 languages represented among our 100+ employees. Come break down barriers that stand between great entertainment and its fans everywhere and help us make a difference as we grow.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.