Product Manager Lead - Monetization & Experience
Dubbed “The Most Innovative Streaming Video Service” by Forbes, Rakuten Viki is the world’s leading platform for Asian entertainment and culture, where tens of millions of people watch their favorite TV shows, movies, and influencer videos and engage with the content. With more than a billion words translated into 200+ languages by a community of avid fans, Rakuten Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere.
Soompi, a subsidiary of Rakuten Viki, is one of the biggest global K-pop news sites and the longest-running fandom community. From innovative engagement features to original content and social shopping, Rakuten Viki and Soompi are pushing the boundaries of user engagement and social viewing.
We are looking for a PM Manager based in our Singapore office. You have the unique opportunity to work on product roadmap in growing Viki’s fan base, trial different monetization models, and enrich viewer experiences for Viki’s millions of fans around the world. You get to experiment and tackle challenges in entertainment including live-streaming and interactive social viewing and shape the future of online video and social entertainment for Viki. The PM Manager role will report to the VP of Product in the Singapore office.
- Define the product vision and strategy and build the product roadmap to fuel exponential growth and engagement
- Identify market trends and customer needs to inform new products and features
- Drive the entire product lifecycle, from conception to launch, along with post-launch analysis and continuous improvements
- Define, measure and improve key product metrics
- Partner effectively with a talented engineering team and internal stakeholders to execute on the product plan
- Define clear product specifications, user stories and product success metrics
- Act as a key advocate for our passionate fans
- Being hands-on and comfortable with doing whatever it takes in order to ship a successful product and to delight our users
- Develop and lead a team of PMs to successfully scale with the growth of the business
- 6+ years of experience in product management and development, with a track record of creating innovative consumer Internet products.
- Passionate user of technology with a sophisticated understanding of the digital media industry and its underlying technologies
- Natural leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and a strong bias for action
- Experience in designing simple and intuitive user interfaces. Love figuring out complex problems and coming up with efficient solutions
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with both technical and non-technical people
- Quantitative and analytical skills, with a deep understanding of the Internet and mobile app ecosystem and a love of data
Good to have
- Passion for Asian entertainment (e.g. Kpop, K-Dramas, Anime, etc.)
- Experience in premium streaming video or social apps
- Understanding and love for fandom and online communities
- Experience in building high scale consumer Internet services
- Experience working in start-up and/or media company environments
- Knowledge in coding and other full stack technical skills
We’re small but diverse, with more than 25 nationalities and 40 languages represented among our 100+ employees. Come break down barriers that stand between great entertainment and its fans everywhere and help us make a difference as we grow.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Rakuten Viki are considered property of Rakuten Viki and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.