Senior Product Manager
Rakuten Ready is the leader in order-for-pickup technology. We are defining the future with a suite of powerful end-to-end solutions that make it easy to deliver a superior order-for-pickup customer experience and increase in-store traffic for merchants. Our proprietary technology lowers wait times, drives incremental sales, and builds customer loyalty. Customers include Nordstrom, Kroger, Chick-fil-A, and CVS. Rakuten Ready fosters a work environment that is respectful, fair, and welcoming, and we hire according to these values.
As a member of the Rakuten Ready Product organization, you will be the owner of the In-Store Rewards product, responsible for defining and executing the product vision. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge in payment/fintech products and experience building successful consumer or e-commerce solutions – both mobile and Web – in agile software development environments. You will guide new product development through all stages of the product lifecycle, from identification of customer needs and product definition through development, launch, and sustainment. This is a highly cross-functional role and you will work closely with engineering, design, marketing, sales, customer success, and operations teams. You will be comfortable in a fluid, hyper-growth environment and will bring an energetic, fun, and creative approach to your work.
- Become one with your customers and end users, identifying new market opportunities and envisioning game-changing solutions informed by thoughtful research and analysis.
- Work with internal teams, partners, and management to establish product development priorities, thoroughly owning your team roadmap.
- Translate business needs and requirements into design concepts and actionable user stories.
- Engage closely with the engineering, design, and product marketing teams to drive product development efforts.
- Manage project schedules and dependencies, and drive cross-functional initiatives.
- Prioritize your product backlog based on business priorities, market changes, and team velocity.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and legal to develop and execute product launch strategies.
- Identify and track performance metrics for all products you own, and leverage these data in your ongoing product management efforts.
- Collaborate with other product managers to ensure consistency and compatibility across all Rakuten products.
- Stay current with competitors and the rapidly evolving omnichannel landscape; keep us informed on key issues that could impact the product roadmap
- 3+ years of experience in product management working directly with engineering, design, and product marketing teams in agile software development environments
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred, MBA a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving startup environment
- Impeccable track record of shipping innovative and winning products, with particular strengths in developing impactful consumer experiences
- Previous experience in payment technology or fintech a must
- Substantial experience working in e-commerce; familiarity with retail, QSR, and/or location services a plus
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces, with the ability to quickly create prototypes through wireframes and mockups
- Proven expertise in managing aggressive project schedules with competing resources and priorities
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership across the entire product development lifecycle
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for creating phenomenal products
- Self-motivated with a “get stuff done” attitude when approached with new challenges
- Ability to problem-solve both creatively and analytically
- Highly skilled in translating technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders, and vice-versa
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an innate ability to relate to technology
- Have a great sense of humor with the ability to laugh at yourself!
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.