RAKUTEN AMERICAS-Technical Lead/ Manager, Software Engineering
The engineering manager will be responsible for leading a small talented engineering team to build new products and features for Rakuten Advertising's industry-recognized online marketing platform. We are looking for a highly-technical, hands-on, and team focused engineering manager to help us develop highly scalable client facing interfaces, collaborate on premium user experiences, and build robust micro-services.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Be a combination of a highly-technical hands-on software engineer and an effective people manager
- Partner with the Product team to review the requirements, provide creative solutions, implement and own technical execution plan
- Passion for learning
- Work with industry vetted design patterns
- Ensure quality and consistency in development through testing and documentation
- Stop… collaborate and listen
- Extensive experience in delivering technical design and implementing highly available, scalable, and secure systems with excellent quality
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience writing tests
- Experience with Postgres, MySQL, or another relational database technology
- Experience building web applications
- Works well with a team and also independently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with git or other source control technology
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in/with remote teams
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Experience building highly scalable, highly available REST web services
- Experience with Docker or other container management technology
- Experience with MVC
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with collaborative programming
- Experience with highly concurrent (millions of users) systems
- Experience creating and maintaining documentation
- Experience in Golang, Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, or other modern language
Rakuten Advertising uses the following tech:
- Data Stores: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, Oracle, InfluxDB
- Messaging Queues: Kafka, GCP Pub/Sub
- Version Control: Github Enterprise
- Continuous Integration/Deployment: Docker, Circle CI, Jenkins, Kubernetes
- Server Stacks: OpenStack, Google Cloud, AWS
Great Rakuten Advertising benefits:
- Competitive salary, benefits, bonus potential
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Culture and diversity clubs
- Charity outreach programs
See what it's like working at our Crimson House West campus in San Mateo, CA!
Sponsorship tag select one!
Employment eligibility to work with Rakuten and it's brands in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Rakuten may choose to consider applicants that require some form of company sponsorship to work in the United States at its sole discretion, based on business needs.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.