Product Manager Lead - Tools & Services
Dubbed “The Most Innovative Streaming Video Service” by Forbes, Rakuten Viki is the world’s leading platform for Asian entertainment and culture, where tens of millions of people watch their favorite TV shows, movies, and influencer videos and engage with the content. With more than a billion words translated into 200+ languages by a community of avid fans, Rakuten Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere.
Soompi, a subsidiary of Rakuten Viki, is one of the biggest global K-pop news sites and the longest-running fandom community. From innovative engagement features to original content and social shopping, Rakuten Viki and Soompi are pushing the boundaries of user engagement and social viewing.
We are looking for a Product Manager lead based in our Singapore office. This PM lead will tackle challenges in our Tools and Services areas, which includes User Account Management, Privacy and Compliance, internal and external Tools, and Community-Volunteer-based Subtitling workflows and experiences. The Product Manager lead role will report to the VP of Product in the Singapore office.
- Manage the product feature roadmaps for Tools and Services areas in Product
- Define metrics that measure the success of the Tools and Services features and drive the communication on progress to stakeholders
- Drive the entire product feature lifecycle, from conception to launch, along with post-launch analysis and continuous improvements
- Identify pain points, and propose enhancements to improve workflow efficiency and cost saving
- Identify privacy and compliance issues, work with internal and external stakeholders to define the priority and propose solutions
- Partner effectively with engineering team and internal/external stakeholders to execute on the product plan
- Translate the needs of business and define clear product specifications, user stories and product success metrics
- Mentor and manage product managers, yet is hands-on and comfortable with doing whatever it takes in order to ship a successful feature to bring business benefits
- 5+ years of experience in product management, BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with both technical and non-technical people
- Love figuring out complex problems and coming up with efficient solutions
- Experience in designing simple and intuitive user interfaces; ability to create examples through wireframes and mock-ups
- Open, transparent, and collaborative communication style and strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a non-hierarchical manner across multiple teams
Good to have
- Passion for Asian entertainment (e.g. Kpop, K-Dramas, Anime, etc.)
- Experience in premium streaming video or social apps
- Understanding and love for fandom and online communities
- Experience in building high scale consumer Internet services
- Experience working in start-up and/or media company environments
- Experience in handling user privacy and regulatory compliance
- Knowledge in coding and other full stack technical skills
We’re small but diverse, with more than 25 nationalities and 40 languages represented among our 100+ employees. Come break down barriers that stand between great entertainment and its fans everywhere and help us make a difference as we grow.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Rakuten Viki are considered property of Rakuten Viki and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.