Viki is a premier global entertainment streaming site where millions of people discover and consume primetime shows and movies subtitled in more than 200 languages, by our community of fans. With billions of videos viewed and more than 1 billion words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere! We are also part of the Rakuten Group of companies, which includes Viber, eBates, Lyft and more, reaching a global audience of nearly 1 billion users.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, we are in search of an Engineering Lead who can work in a fast-paced, professional environment. We're responsible for a variety of systems. Our API is built using a variety of technologies such as Go, Node, Redis, Ruby, RabbitMq and PostgreSQL. We are scaling and adding a number of interesting features such as search, social and advanced push notifications. We manage our own deployments (think Docker, Scout, Logstash andStatsD) and are responsible for end-to-end delivery of the components.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Build and foster a high-performance culture, mentor team members and provide your team with the tools and motivation to make things happen
- Recruit and onboard new engineering talent
- Contribute technically through developing features, code reviews, and mentoring
- Focus on code quality and testability
- Improve application performance
- Continually improve technical processes to get us operating more efficiently
- Agile and Data-Driven mindset
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience managing or leading teams
- 7 to 9 years of experience in developing professional grade software
- Expert knowledge and professional experience in at least one programming language such as Java, Ruby, Go, Python, etc
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Nginx, and/or Unicon
- Experience leading a small team and building complex, high availability systems
- Operational experience in deploying, scalability optimization, continuous delivery, and automation
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.