Rakuten Americas - Senior Penetration Tester
Rakuten Group is one of the world's leading Internet service companies, providing a variety of consumer and business focused services including e-commerce, eBooks, travel, banking and a host of other services. Rakuten Group is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Europe, the Americas, and Oceania.
Rakuten Americas is seeking someone with a strong technical background to be the technical lead for security assessments and support the development of our cybersecurity team and programs. Besides being an accomplished tester, you will be expected to help the team plan future engagements, be a security evangelist, and contribute to improving Rakuten group companies security posture by providing security recommendations and mitigation strategies.
- Lead technical security assessments from start to finish including red team exercise, penetration testing, vulnerability assessment, vulnerability scanning and secure code review to identify emerging vulnerabilities in networks, application and systems, evaluate their risks, and provide mitigation strategies
- Assist with scoping prospective internal customer engagements and future security engagement projects to ensure successful planning
- Develop and present accurate and comprehensive reports for both non-technical and technical audiences including leadership
- Document findings and make remediation recommendations
- Assist with security due-diligence for mergers and acquisitions
- Design and develop and deliver security training for both tech and non-tech employees
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security solutions, technologies, and methodologies
- Develop automated tools and techniques to maximize efficiency in security operations
- Administrate and safely utilize attack tools and infrastructure
- Mentor less experienced and junior team members to increase the effectiveness of the overall team
- Be an evangelist for cyber security across Rakuten Group and promote a cyber resilience culture
- Stay informed of new and emerging cyber threats and new attack vectors and evaluate their impact to Rakuten Group
Minimum required skills and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent 5+ years of hands-on experience in cyber security
- 3+ years in security consulting role
- 5+ years of experience performing network penetration testing and application vulnerability assessment
- 2+ years of experience successfully leading security testing engagements from a technical and managerial perspective
- Familiarity and experience with red teaming and common TTPs (Tactics, Techniques and Procedures)
- Strong knowledge of modern exploitation techniques and mitigation/defense strategies
- Ability to understand and modify existing exploit code
- Strong understanding of enterprise network and application level security issues
- Experience developing service proposals and statement of work
- Good technical writing and documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills to interact internal customers and leadership
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, and a team player
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, priorities them according to the change in situation and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate complicated situations in a way that is simple and clear
- Familiarity and experience with SAST and DAST tools
- Experience and knowledge in Incident Response, Threat Hunting and Threat Intelligence.
- Certifications: OSCP, OSCE, GPEN, GXPEN or equivalent
- Project management experience
Sponsorship tag select one!
Employment eligibility to work with Rakuten and it's brands in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Rakuten may choose to consider applicants that require some form of company sponsorship to work in the United States at its sole discretion, based on business needs.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.