Senior Manager, Talent Development and Inclusion, Americas Region
Rakuten, Inc. is the third largest ecommerce marketplace worldwide and the largest in Japan. Rakuten provides a wide variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports. The company is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Europe, and of course the Americas.
At Rakuten, we are growing fast and have centralized our Americas’ regional headquarters in San Mateo. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, annual bonuses, a stocked kitchen, free breakfast and lunch, and a dynamic open office environment. We love investing in our people and when it comes down to it, we think our entire team is pretty awesome. As a technology focused company, we understand the importance of an energizing atmosphere that promotes collaboration and innovation. As a team we are a newly created function. If talent management and development topics are areas you enjoy, you will likely see this as a “kid in a candy shop” opportunity. If you get a kick out of using your skills to build and deliver value to a growing business this role may well be for you….
About the role:
The Senior Manager, Talent Development and Inclusion, for the Americas Region is part of the growing Global HR team and the wider community of expertise. This position will support the Head of Global Talent Management to design, develop and lead a growing team (internal/external) to deliver a systematic and coherent program of talent management from executive leadership development, Elearning, executive coaching, succession planning and learning interventions for the Americas’ region. This hands-on program management role will partner both locally and globally to design and deliver talent management programs.
- Develop plan to execute the Americas’ Talent Management programs delivery strategy, understand the business needs across this region, highlight best practice and building robust programs to create real business value from the investment (e.g. Diversity and inclusion, Executive Leadership development). Build a team of TM resources focused on learning program delivery. The team could be globally located in US, UK, India, and Singapore (or some combination)
- Develop/deliver new initiatives including Diversity and Inclusion, HiPo, Exec Coaching, Succession planning, and Exec/Leadership Development programs. This includes working with HR business leaders, identify/develop content, and directly or through others deliver content.
- Provide strong program communication to multiple stakeholders, provide facilitation and organizational skills to ensure our talent management programs, projects and systems are delivered with excellence.
- Chair the Americas Regional Diversity Executive Steering Committee and develop agenda-through-actions as the interface with internal functions (e.g. thought partner with talent acquisition to develop a Diverse hiring strategy, interface point between the Executive Steering committee and the Employee resource groups).
- Manage the development and deployment of corporate-wide programs (initially considering diversity and inclusion training and inclusive leadership development workshops) as well as propose additional cross-cultural development workshops, in partnership with internal HR functions.
- Work closely with Regional/Local HR teams to expand launch of Workday and leverage the latest best practice in learning management
- Partner with company HR and Group HR functions to update and deliver Diversity and Inclusion, leadership development, and change programs.
- Analyze program feedback, key metrics, and ROI, adjust content/program where needed, and continually look for innovative best practices to improve the learner experience and outcomes.
- Deliver training interventions and design and facilitate customized interventions as part of wider change initiatives (e.g. executive development, managing inclusion).
- Develop communication and internal marketing methods and materials to educate cross-functional partners programs and promote awareness of development opportunities.
- Identify latest trends and sharing best practice knowledge within the local/regional HR teams and best practices from our various business units
- Ensure that forecasts and calculations of expenditure align with budget plans and tracking
- 10+ year experience specializing in Talent Management, Learning Development and/or Diversity and Inclusion programs. Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required; master’s degree preferred in related field.
- Knowledge of best and emerging practices in talent management including leveraging technology-based solutions.
- Leadership/Management program management experience through diverse delivery team (internal and external).
- Diversity and Inclusion program management experience through blended delivery teams (internal and external).
- High level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrable planning and tactical implementation experience, ideally evidence of innovative approach.
- Experience with talent assessments, coaching, development and project management is a plus.
- Functional expertise in program design, program management, benchmarking, creating and facilitating leadership, learning, career development and/or other related OD processes, within a complex, matrix organization.
- Ability to handle multiple projects or tasks while effectively prioritizing to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic organization with the ability to align quickly to changing priorities.
- Strong analytic, verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly collaborative style with excellent implementation skills to ensure successful adoption.
- Relevant Tech sector and partnering in a global organization experience would be a advantage
See what it's like working at our Crimson House West campus in San Mateo, CA!
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.