QA Automation Engineer
We are looking for a QA Engineer, whose main mission will be testing features based on the specification and code, carry out manual and automated tests, report of defects ensuring sufficient details are recorded and automate testing.
Rakuten TV – “Your cinema at home” – is one of the leading Video-On-Demand platforms in Europe providing the latest movie releases with the latest technology in a true cinematic experience available on Smart TVs. Rakuten TV is now available in 42 countries and forms part of the Internet and e-commerce Japanese giant Rakuten, Inc., one of the world’s leading internet services companies, offering a wide variety of services for consumers and businesses, with a focus on e-commerce, fintech and digital content. Rakuten sponsors FC Barcelona, NBA Champion’s Golden State Warriors and Spartan Race, amongt others.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts; Backend/Frontend.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products
- Collaborate with the Product & Development team (Agile) to ensure consistent project execution
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to Senior Management *****Requirements*
- IT, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or related degree, or equivalent experience (not less than 3 years)
- Automated API Testing (Runscope, Postman, ...)
- Version control tool: GIT
- Scrum methodology
- Working with continuous integration tools and knowledge of CI
- Working with bug-tracking software (JIRA, Redmine, …)
- Testing and debugging backend experience
- Databases, terminal and server’s log experience
Some good reasons to apply
- Opportunity to work for leading company within the rapidly growing OTT market.
- Great work environment 2 blocks away from Poblenou’s beach Culturally diverse environment with people from approx. 22 different nationalities
- Regular company outings, off-sites and team-building events
- Private Medical Insurance or extra money for meal card/commuting card
- Free Language Classes on-site
- Conferences and training plan. Quarterly hackathons.
- Free massage for all the team
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.