Senior Program Manager, HRIS Workday
The Senior Program Manager, HRIS will act as the HR, HRIS and IT focal point supporting the Global Human Resources Organization for the program development and deployment of world class HRIS tools and solutions that support Global HR Strategies. The Senior Program Manager, HRIS will provide functional assistance in identifying, evaluating, developing and implementing system solutions, that meet user requirements. This position will plan, direct and complete analysis of programs to support business requirements and act as a liaison between the HR community and internal IT resources.
- Identify, prioritize, and manage projects in the functional area of Human Resources, from inception through completion. Ensure that functional requirements are gathered and translated into appropriate functional specification documents, project plans are created and maintained, and ultimate solutions are identified and deployed as required. Coordinate the completion of tasks with both IT and HR team members and management teams.
- Together with the HR Leadership Team, define and analyze program requirements, prepare business cases, and communicate those needs using the proper tools with the HRIS organization.
- Identify alternatives based on best practices and application functionality. Anticipate and identify issues and develop program recommendations and courses of action which are consistent with business objectives and functional requirements.
- Act as Global Liaison between HR, HRIS and IT teams, with the ability to present systems information to a non-technical audience, and an ability to understand and interpret business requirements.
- Develop and deliver change management program support for HR. Maintain the roadmap of tools and technology to support the global HRIS team and global systems.
- Coordinate all HR programs. Develop and support the yearly HR program calendar of events.
- Works with HR staff in the development of project scope of work documents and project plans that include analysis of cost, benefit, work schedule, related risks and return on investment. Assists with the development of Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Works with functional areas to identify roles of project team members, project reporting structures, frequency of interaction and training requirements.
- Manage project budgets and define Capital and Operational expenses. Provide quarterly, monthly updates and support delivery of the projects in budget.
- Manage consultants SOW and budgets.
- Manage contracts.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
Minimum Basic Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without the need for sponsorship
- 10+ years experience in developing project charters, plans and programs for HR, Payroll, and HRIS
- 5+ years experience managing complex HR projects to successful completion
- 3-5 years experience in implementing programs for HRMS in ADP, PeopleSoft or Workday
- 3+ years experience supporting budgets and managing external consultants
- 3+ years experience in HR knowledge in any of the various functions of HR such as Compensation, Benefits, Communications, Training, and Recruitment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to use a variety of approaches to collaborate with and influence functional counterparts, supplier partners, contract resources, and IT peers
- Ability to work with a global perspective
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certified
- Experience in supporting programs for both HR and HRIS systems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both written and verbally in an organized and concise manner
- Ability to express ideas and information clearly and accurately. Proactively and tactfully addresses concerns with others when problems persist.
- Takes personal responsibility for evaluating and determining the best path forward when responding to a request from various groups in HR.
- Ability to recognize and acknowledge when something is not working and make necessary changes.
- Demonstrates respect for others by seeking to understand how one thinks about issues and perceives problems and opportunities.
- Actively builds relationships and networks with others across organizations, working constructively across organizational boundaries despite differences in interests, perspectives and needs.
- Recognizes opportunities and/or issues and applies analytical and creative thinking to maximize performance.
See what it's like working at our Crimson House West campus in San Mateo, CA!
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.