HRIS Manager - Workday
HRIS Manager - Workday
- Set clear goals and envision / execute on the system roadmaps for the Global HR functions
- Hunt for big ideas that identify and solve important HR problems and move beyond incremental features to a complete end-to-end solution
- Create and prioritize the backlog
- Manage the backlog, often working through competing priorities
- Write business requirements / user stories, create wireframes, organize and facilitate prototype reviews and UAT, and support training delivery
- Work with IT / vendors to estimate, implement, and build the right features / enhancements / break fixes & thoughtful, end-to-end solutions are a must
- Use a combination of product instinct, data, and teamwork to ensure we provide well-crafted solutions
- Lead through process excellence and demonstrate effective project management skills for complex projects as well as anticipate likely risks and implement mitigation plans
- Take ownership for a successful product outcome and anticipate needs across HR functions, system development/IT, HR operations, and production support teams
- Support strategic consultation on HR technology and trends to the business and drive product roadmap with the Global HRIS Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technology
- 5- 10 years experience in Workday with increasing responsibility for plans and programs for HR, Payroll, and HRIS
- 5+ years experience managing complex HR projects to successful completion
- 3-5 years experience in implementing programs for HRMS in PeopleSoft or Workday
- 3+ years experience in HR knowledge in any of the various functions of HR such as Compensation, Benefits, Communications, Training, and Recruitment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to use a variety of approaches to collaborate with and influence functional counterparts, supplier partners, contract resources, and IT peers
- Ability to work with a global perspective
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification is not necessary but helpful
- Experience in supporting programs for both HR and HRIS systems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both written and verbally in an organized and concise manner
What You Need to Succeed
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration across a variety of stakeholders to achieve your objectives
- Grit - You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the projects you work on
- Savvy with data - You know how to leverage data to make decisions
- Desire to learn - Learning and improving your craft is important for all of us, if you're constantly learning you're in a better position to create awesome new applications for our employees
- Self-directed - Able to navigate ambiguity and work independently
- A track record of successful project delivery and extensive (8+ years) Workday product management experience, ideally in a corporate environment
- Deep functional experience with HR Core, Advanced Compensation, Absence, Payroll and Benefits (you understand what it takes to make these core HR functions successful)
- Hands-on experience with Workday and previous experience with similar HCM a plus
See what it's like working at our Crimson House West campus in San Mateo, CA!
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.