Programmatic Partner Manager
Are you aspiring to take your career to the next level in the global advertising industry? Ready to join a global team of media and advertising professionals, who are passionate about driving value to media and advertisers?
We are looking for you!
Rakuten is one of the global internet industries’ hidden champions. Rakuten stands for ‘optimism.’ It means we believe in the future. It’s our understanding that, with the right mind-set, we can make the future better by what we do today. We challenge ourselves to evolve, innovate and experiment, to create a better, happier future for everyone.
Today, our 70+ businesses span e-commerce, digital content, communications and fintech, bringing the joy of discovery to more than 1 billion members across the world. At Rakuten, we strive to create an open, progressive and optimistic environment to advance our careers and our business. Our partnerships with the Golden State Warriors and FC Barcelona are symbolic of our attitudes and our aspirations.
The Rakuten Global Advertising Business Division is Rakuten’s global media sales house that offers unique access to real shoppers across its unrivaled media and e-commerce apps and sites. We are creating attractive, high performance audiences on Rakuten’s and our partners’ websites. We offer classic display, rich media, native, video and other ad formats that perform and deliver outstanding value to brands and merchants. We work with the world’s leading and most innovative advertisers to drive their business.
At Rakuten Advertising, the programmatic management team is focused on maximizing revenue across Rakuten’s O&O supply through programmatic partnerships and demand optimization. This is accomplished through creating, maintaining and sustaining strategic partnerships with DSPs, SSPs, agency trading desks (ATDs), advertising agencies.
You will empower agencies and advertisers to work with Rakuten by consulting on how to leverage our proprietary data, measurement, and technology to deliver meaningful business outcomes for partners and advertisers. You will do this by educating, training, and consulting your agency and advertiser partners and the internal sales teams through every step of the media planning and buying cycle. You will drive product innovation by collecting detailed feedback from external partners and sharing it with internal teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for programmatic revenue growth in region across Rakuten O&O supply
- Work closely with named list of programmatic partners to drive higher demand & revenue to Rakuten’s O&O supply
- Optimize programmatic demand and delivery of revenue through key partnerships with agencies, their trading desks, independent trading desks, DSPs and clients’ in-house trading teams directly
- Establish, activate & optimize Always-On and PMP deals
- Focus on growth of key programmatic metrics across O&O supply—maximize fill rate and eCPM
Report on revenue growth across programmatic supply on a weekly basis
Be the programmatic expert and evangelist in the sales organization, acting as a leader, coach and advocate of programmatic and being the go-to person for industry trends and insights
Work with internal Rakuten yield teams and SSP partners to maximize yield from PMPs, PG and other sources.
Provide guidance to internal teams on revenue growth by advertisers to drive PMP or direct deals
Act as liaison between named programmatic partners and key internal stakeholders
Partner closely with our Sales team to activate programmatic deals
Educate and train team to be able to drive programmatic-direct campaigns, and define process and policies for best-in-class service for all incoming campaigns
Be the programmatic expert and evangelist for programmatic in region and be the go-to person for industry trends and insights
Work collaboratively with our sales leadership to identify strategic opportunities, support trading conversation and give guidance on in-month and in-quarter revenue performance
Articulate and differentiate Rakuten’s programmatic offering in the marketplace
Identify strategic partnership opportunities and drive programmatic business development
What you’ll need:
- Talent – Drive – Creativity
- Sense of urgency to deliver MVPs to market
- Critical thinking to identify the gaps and build bridges to overcome those
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and deliver
- Persistence and will to succeed
- Passion about new technologies and media business models
- Thriving in a dynamic team environment
- Attention to detail and quality
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (in business, mathematics or computer science being a plus)
- Minimum of three years in a commercial programmatic role, with 7+ years in digital sales management total
- Deep understanding of the digital media ecosystem and programmatic trends
- You hold strong relationships across the digital and programmatic community and are able to raise the profile of Rakuten Advertising amongst key programmatic teams
- Energetic, upbeat, team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills, including visualization techniques and tools
- Self-motivated, independent, and high-performance individual, with ability to learn and become productive extremely fast
- Superb relationship-building skills and ability to show value to clients
- Ability to travel up to 30% depending on project status
See what it's like working at our Crimson House West campus in San Mateo, CA!
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.