Research InternNo salary
Rakuten, Inc. is the largest e-commerce company in Japan, and third largest e-commerce marketplace world-wide. We seek to empower merchants to deliver Omotenashi, a hospitality mindset, which helps sellers create lasting relationships with customers. Along with the global marketplaces, Rakuten supports an ever-expanding list of acquisitions and strategic investments in disruptive industries and growing markets.
Rakuten Institute of Technology is the R&D center for the Rakuten group. Our vision is to predict the direction of future services based on state-of-the-art and emerging technologies. Our R&D projects are planned and executed along with this vision.
Established in 2006 in Tokyo, Rakuten Institute of Technology now has 6 locations in 5 countries, and approximately 100 researchers working across a range of fields. Our members come from around 30 different countries and a majority have earned their doctorate degree from notable universities worldwide. These highly talented and motivated researchers tackle challenging issues throughout the Rakuten Group. Activities cover multiple research domains, resulting in a positive impact on numerous business fields globally.
As a Research Intern, you will work closely research scientists to improve various Rakuten services with machine intelligence. You will apply state-of-art ML techniques to large-scale, real-world dataset to solve the real-world problem. You may be able to contribute to the research community by publishing papers. This intern position is in our San Mateo office for the Summer of 2020.
- Participate in cutting edge research in machine intelligence and machine learning applications
- Develop and implement algorithms to provide solutions for businesses
- Propose and run research experiments using large-scale heterogeneous dataset
- Master or PhD students in Computer Science, Statistics or a related field
- Research experience in machine learning or data mining, particularly recommender systems and/or click-through-rate prediction
- Solid programming experience in one or more of the following: Python, JAVA, and/or C/C++
- Experience with Deep learning libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch and/or Keras
- Development experience on Linux environment
- Relevant work experience, including internships, full time industry experience or as a researcher in a lab.
- Experience with large scale computing environment such as AWS, Hadoop, or Spark
- Academic publication at peer-reviewed international conferences or in journals.
- Ability to communicate and visualize the research result
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. *Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.*
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.