KonMari is a lifestyle brand founded by tidying expert, bestselling author and Emmy-nominated television star Marie Kondo.
At KonMari, we believe that if you tidy your space, you can transform your life. Our goal is to help more people live a life that sparks joy, and we are committed to offering the simplest, most effective tools and services to help you get there.
Seeking a professional, detail-oriented executive assistant for a Japanese celebrity with excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English.
- Manage calendar across time zones, book appointments and meetings
- Translate emails and documents from English to Japanese and Japanese to English
- Liaise with external partners, key stakeholders and internal departments to coordinate public appearances, press interviews, photo and video shoots, etc.
- Coordinate wardrobe for appearances, shoots and travel
- Accompany talent to all appointments and meetings, as well as domestic and international business trips
- Assist talent on set and during press interviews
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years experience as an Executive Assistant for high-profile executive or celebrity preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English
- Ability to maintain discretion and high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work flexible hours and on weekends
- Ability to prioritize and anticipate needs, handling multiple projects successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Superior time management and organizational skills, ability to efficiently track and handle varying deadlines and prioritize tasks
- A “no task is too small” attitude, with an innate desire to lend a helping hand to teammates
- Strong problem-solving skills, exhibiting initiative and a sense of urgency
- Able to think creatively and react calmly when it comes to quick and unplanned changes in schedule
- Exceptional technical skills, proficiency in G-Suite and productivity tools such as Slack, LINE, Asana, Dropbox, Zoom, etc.
- Must own a vehicle, have a valid Driver's License and insurance
- US passport required and must have the ability to travel on short notice
- Strong passion and understanding of the KonMari Method™
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required
- Full-time employment
- Health and dental benefits, 401(k)
- Based in Los Angeles (Hollywood/West Hollywood/Beverly Hills area)
Employment eligibility to work with KonMari Media, Inc. in the U.S. is required, as the Company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Konmari Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.