Buyer - KonMari
KonMari Media, Inc. is a lifestyle brand founded by tidying expert, bestselling author and Emmy-nominated television star Marie Kondo.
At KonMari, we believe that if you tidy your space, you can transform your life. Our goal is to help more people live a life that sparks joy, and we are committed to offering the simplest, most effective tools and services to help you get there.
In November 2019, KonMari expanded with the launch of an online shop. The shop, which features a multi-brand assortment, was inspired by items that Marie uses in her everyday life and that spark joy for her. The simple and elegant products – across categories including kitchenware, bath and decor – reflect Marie’s passion for tidying and organizing as well as elevated rituals and routines.
The Buyer is an integral member of the KonMari e-commerce team. They will be responsible for sourcing and buying all products sold on the shop at konmari.com as well as inventory management. This role reports to the Head of Merchandising in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Establish and manage new and existing vendor relationships and terms, targeting at least 50% of inventory on consignment or drop ship
- Create a well-organized repository of signed Terms & Conditions documentation for all vendor partners
- Work with 3PL warehouse to establish shipping instructions for vendors
- Place all product orders and reorders; communicate shipment information to E-Commerce Director/3PL
- Coordinate samples from vendors and work with creative team to organize photo shoots for new merchandise
- Supply product details and information to content and e-commerce teams for site upload
- Analyze sales by product and vendor; make recommendations for assortment expansions and drops
- Place replenishment orders and manage against 12-week inventory target for all vendors and styles
- Work with content, social and e-commerce partners to ensure coordination of content and commerce priorities across content, site merchandising, advertising, social and email touchpoints
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years buying experience
- Experience in home goods industry a plus
- Strong analytical background and experience using analytics tools, including GA
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Effective cross-functional collaboration
- A nuanced understanding of the KonMari Method™ and underlying philosophy is essential
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.