Rakuten Ready (formerly Curbside) is enabling a new way to shop, built for the era of instant mobile commerce. Rakuten Ready helps consumers quickly find and pickup what they need at local stores, while helping retailers better serve their increasingly mobile centric customers. The Rakuten Ready app searches realtime local inventory at bricks and mortar stores and uses location-based technologies to alert stores when a customer is arriving for a pickup. The Rakuten Ready platform enables retailers to connect their stores for online commerce, powering order picking, an e-commerce front end and customer arrival notification at hundreds of locations nationwide for Fortune 10 retailers such as CVS.
We are looking for a talented Android developer. Rakuten Ready (formerly Curbside) is pioneering wholly new user experiences in mobile commerce while delivering a pixel perfect user experience across web and mobile. This is an opportunity to own the entire Android experience and build great applications as part of a full stack development team.
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills in Java
- Experience in Android Location API, usage
- Tight grasp on Android SDK and design principles
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- We're interested in hiring great engineers from entry to senior levels
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.