The engineer will be responsible for building new products and features for Rakuten Marketing's industry-recognized online marketing platform. We are looking for a team focused engineer to help us develop highly scalable client facing interfaces, collaborate on premium user experiences, and build robust microservices.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Follow direction from tech leads while providing estimates, communicating issues, and helping to provide creative solutions to technical issues
- Passion for learning
- Work with industry vetted design patterns
- Ensure quality and consistency in development through testing and documentation
- Stop… collaborate and listen
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience writing tests
- Experience with Postgres, MySQL, or another relational database technology
- Experience building web applications
- Works well with a team and also independently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with git or other source control technology
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in/with remote teams
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Experience building highly scalable, highly available REST web services
- Experience with Docker or other container management technology
- Experience with MVC
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with collaborative programming
- Experience with highly concurrent (millions of users) systems
- Experience creating and maintaining documentation
- Experience in Golang, Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, or other modern language
Rakuten Marketing uses the following tech:
- Data Stores: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, Oracle, InfluxDB
- Messaging Queues: Kafka, GCP Pub/Sub, RabbitMQ, Resque, Celery
- Version Control: Github Enterprise
- Continuous Integration/Deployment: Docker, Circle CI, Jenkins, Kubernetes
- Server Stacks: OpenStack, Google Cloud, AWS
Great Rakuten Marketing benefits:
- Competitive salary, benefits, bonus potential
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Culture and diversity clubs
- Charity outreach programs
Who are we?
Rakuten Advertising provides advertising technology and consumer insights to the world’s leading brands and retailers. Working with agencies and brands around the world, Rakuten Advertising unites technology, client strategy and consumer insights to deliver advertising experiences that drive increased brand awareness and marketing performance. Its foundation of advanced technology, data and strategic services positions Rakuten Advertising to offer a differentiated suite of advertising and marketing solutions, while constantly pushing the industry forward. It is a division of Rakuten Inc. (4755: TOKYO), one of the world’s leading Internet service companies. With access to Rakuten’s diverse media properties and audiences, combined with an award-winning performance network and proprietary consumer research, Rakuten Advertising creates the right conditions to reach new customers and sustain long-lasting loyalty. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices in Australia, Singapore, Brazil, France, Germany, Ukraine the United Kingdom and throughout the United States. Learn more atwww.RakutenAdvertising.com.
Sponsorship tag select one!
Employment eligibility to work with Rakuten and it's brands in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Rakuten may choose to consider applicants that require some form of company sponsorship to work in the United States at its sole discretion, based on business needs.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.