Senior Software Developer
Here at Rakuten Kobo Inc. we offer a casual working start-up environment and a group of friendly and talented individuals. Our employees rank us highly in terms of commitment to work-life balance. We realize that for our people to be innovative, creative and passionate they need to have healthy minds and bodies. We believe in rewarding all of our employees with competitive salaries, performance based annual bonuses, stock options, training and development opportunities, and above average time-off policies.
If you’re looking for a company that inspires passion, personal, and professional growth – join Kobo and come help us make reading lives better.
Rakuten Kobo Inc. is looking for a Senior .NET Developer to join our Web **** team! The team of 7 is responsible for the development, quality and delivery of important systems and features enjoyed by our many users.
Reporting to Manager, Technology Delivery the Senior .NET Developer plays a vital role in all aspects of delivery from design, planning and implementation through to releasing and monitoring.
- Building quality software using the full Microsoft stack including Web applications, WCF & Rest services, windows services and more
- Propose designs and Proof of Concepts to Architecture team and work with the team to deliver the implementation to Production
- Participate in code reviews; happy to give and receive constructive feedback
- Communicate clearly and effectively with teammates, Business stakeholders and other development teams in Kobo.
- Mentor junior members of the teaThe Skillset:
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Highly technical and able to communicate well with developers and other team members
- C#, ASP.NET MVC, WebAPI, RESTful Services
- SOLID Principles and Practices, IoC & TDD
- MS SQL, ORMs
- Some experience with service bus technology e.g. NServiceBus, MSMQ, RabbitMQ
- Experience with Git
- Experienced and knowledgeable in CI/CD and different testing strategies and techniques (Unit, Integration, UI tests)
- Comfortable with and enthusiastic about learning new technologies
Nice to Haves:
- Working in an Agile environment and team
- Past Scrum Master or Team Lead experience
- Docker, Solr, Couchbase
- Test automation using Selenium Webdriver
- Knowledge of Ruby or other scripting languages
- Flexible hours and no office dress code
- Full benefits starting from your first day, including a flexible health spending account
- Paid Volunteer days, unlimited sick days, and 3% GRSP matching
- A generous talent and development training budget
- Free Kobo device + free weekly e-book or audiobook
- Frequent Lunch and Learns and Author series
- Weekly Kobo Tech University sessions
- Maternity/paternity leave top up
About Rakuten Kobo Inc.
Owned by Tokyo-based Rakuten and headquartered in Toronto, Rakuten Kobo Inc. is one of the most advanced global ecommerce companies, with the world’s most innovative eReading services offering more than 6 million eBooks and audiobooks to over 30 million customers in 190 countries. Rakuten Kobo delivers the best digital reading experience through creative innovation, award-winning eReaders, and top-ranking mobile apps.
Rakuten Kobo Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations for candidates with disabilities participating in the selection process are available on request. Any information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Rakuten Kobo would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this role, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
*Rakuten Kobo will never ask you to pay or deposit any money as part of working with Kobo. Similarly, Kobo will never ask in an email or online for your banking information or any government information about you, such as social security information. If you encounter these fraudulent attempts, please send an email to [kobo-security]@rakuten.com with the relevant information, and do not respond to the sender. All legitimate emails from Kobo are sent only from the domain @rakuten.com. *
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.