Global Supply Chain Manager
Here at Rakuten Kobo Inc. we offer a casual working start-up environment and a group of friendly and talented individuals. Our employees rank us highly in terms of commitment to work-life balance. We realize that for our people to be innovative, creative and passionate they need to have healthy minds and bodies. We believe in rewarding all of our employees with competitive salaries, performance based annual bonuses, stock options, training and development opportunities, and above average time-off policies.
If you’re looking for a company that inspires passion, personal, and professional growth – join Kobo and come help us make reading lives better.
Rakuten Kobo Inc. is looking for a Global Supply Chain Manager to join our Supply Chain Management team! The team is comprised of many highly talented enthusiastic individuals who ensure the services and offerings from Kobo are available to both internal and external customers.
Reporting to the Director Global Supply Chain, the Supply Chain Manager role requires a team oriented, analytical, & interpretive individual with strong data base and communication skills. This position involves in depth analysis of retail sales results, identifying market trends as well as a solid understanding of consumer demand and sales forecasting process. It also entails working and communicating with multiple internal stakeholders as well as with external retailers. The candidate will be a key contributor to the Toronto Supply Chain team.
You will help run our S&OP process and will be expected to optimize supporting processes ( such as forecasting, data collection and transformation, sales gap analysis etc). You are a collaborator, you will partner with stakeholders to drive continuous improvement. You will help manage meeting cadence and stakeholder outputs while ensuring flexibility to respond to business needs. You are highly analytical and will own forecasting for the retail sales channel including analysis of point of sale reporting to understand retail replenishment patterns and building sell-through models. Establish repeatable, scalable approaches to forecasts; integrate data sources needed to improve forecast accuracy. Work closely with the internal teams to understand supply and inventory levels. Create and review promotional lifts and the impact of sales and marketing activities on the portfolio. Partner with the retail sales team to build a collaborative planning, forecasting, and replenishment process and actively contribute to business planning. Monitor retail channel inventory and sell-out volumes while minimizing inventory on-hand; identify trends and opportunities to meet and exceed forecast. Work with various retail partners to ensure their orders and supply chain requirements are met. Liaise with external retailer counterparts on supply chain related inquiries. Keep current with industry trends, including but not limited to the price of products used at the company and its competition.
Ability to crunch numbers, glean insights and present findings through all levels of the organization. Leveraging your leadership style to establish clear lines of accountability and communication you will drive improvements within the monthly S&OP cycle to ensure timely execution. Continually reviewing and evaluating trends to help identify and report on sales risks proactively and collaborating to develop actionable mitigation strategies. You are a team player that's comfortable working in an organization that values collaboration. Equally comfortable in front of anyone from the CEO to an analyst and all external partners you are looking to make a big impact and are ready to run.
- Excellent communication skills: strength in influencing sr. management decisions & engaging with sales managers and external partners
- 5 years of experience
- Post Secondary education majoring in business
- Strong analytical, interpretive, & problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of consumer demand and sales forecasting processes: POS Data analysis & forecasting experience a must
- Experience analyzing sales reports for retail or CPG Company a must
- Strong Computer skills with a high level of proficiency in MS Office with a focus in spreadsheet (advanced excel) /data base applications
- Creative thinker with ability to communicate and present ideas
- A great personality and a deep desire to dabble with numbers is a must
- Proven analytical and root cause analysis abilities are essential
- Flexible hours and no office dress code
- Full benefits starting from your first day, including a flexible health spending account
- Paid Volunteer days, unlimited sick days, and 3% GRSP matching
- Monthly commuting allowance
- A generous talent and development training budget
- Free Kobo device + free weekly e-book or audiobook
- Frequent Lunch and Learns and Author series
- Weekly Kobo Tech University sessions
- Free onsite gym
- Weekly happy hours (Thirsty Thursday’s, as we like to call it)
- Maternity/paternity leave top up
- Pooch Program that allows you to bring your furry friends to the office
About Rakuten Kobo Inc.
Owned by Tokyo-based Rakuten and headquartered in Toronto, Rakuten Kobo Inc. is one of the most advanced global ecommerce companies, with the world’s most innovative eReading services offering more than 6 million eBooks and audiobooks to over 30 million customers in 190 countries. Rakuten Kobo delivers the best digital reading experience through creative innovation, award-winning eReaders, and top-ranking mobile apps.
Rakuten Kobo Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations for candidates with disabilities participating in the selection process are available on request. Any information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Rakuten Kobo would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this role, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
*Rakuten Kobo will never ask you to pay or deposit any money as part of working with Kobo. Similarly, Kobo will never ask in an email or online for your banking information or any government information about you, such as social security information. If you encounter these fraudulent attempts, please send an email to [kobo-security]@rakuten.com with the relevant information, and do not respond to the sender. All legitimate emails from Kobo are sent only from the domain @rakuten.com. *
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.