Here at Rakuten Kobo Inc. we offer a casual working start-up environment and a group of friendly and talented individuals. Our employees rank us highly in terms of commitment to work-life balance. We realize that for our people to be innovative, creative and passionate they need to have healthy minds and bodies. We believe in rewarding all of our employees with competitive salaries, performance based annual bonuses, stock options, training and development opportunities, and above average time-off policies.
If you’re looking for a company that inspires passion, personal, and professional growth – join Kobo and come help us make reading lives better.
Rakuten Kobo Inc. is seeking an Analytics Manager to join our Big Data and Analytics team. The analytics team plays a critical role: the team is responsible for ensuring decision makers in the company have best-in-class past, present, and future visibility into our customer behaviours and business performance. We have access to rich data from our millions of readers across the globe that interact with our website, our e-reading devices, and our iOS and Android apps, and you’ll be supported by Data Engineering and Data Architect roles. Reporting to the Director of Big Data and Analytics, you will be responsible for leading and empowering a team of data analysts and scientists to help shape the future of our products & services.
- Provide mentorship and oversight for analytics projects and deliverables.
- Develop and evolve frameworks to measure and predict product usage, customer value, and attrition.
- Foster and facilitate a company-wide focus on data-driven decisions and data democratization.
- Participate in defining analytic requirements for new projects and manage the delivery of new dashboards and reports.
- Document, publish, and present the processes, science, and findings of the team.
- Further the team’s depth of knowledge by following and implementing industry best practices.
- Sc. or greater in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or a related quantitative field.
- 5+ years experience developing and communicating advanced analytics.
- 3+ years experience developing statistical models (e.g. acquisition, predictive value, time series analysis.)
- 1+ year experience using Big Data or ML technology (e.g. Spark,MapReduce,TensorFlow.)
- 5+ years SQL experience.
- 5+ years data visualization experience.
- Experience with Python & R.
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills, able to synthesize information from many sources to draw conclusions and learnings.
- Flexible hours, work from home, and no office dress code
- Full benefits starting from your first day, including a flexible health spending account
- Paid Volunteer days, unlimited sick days, and 3% GRSP matching
- Monthly commuting allowance
- A generous talent and development training budget
- Free Kobo device + free weekly e-book or audiobook
- Frequent Lunch and Learns and Author series
- Weekly Kobo Tech University sessions
- Free onsite gym
- Weekly happy hours (Thirsty Thursday’s, as we like to call it)
- Maternity/paternity leave top up
- Pooch Program that allows you to bring your furry friends to the office ****
About Rakuten Kobo Inc.
Owned by Tokyo-based Rakuten and headquartered in Toronto, Rakuten Kobo Inc. is one of the most advanced global ecommerce companies, with the world’s most innovative eReading services offering more than 6 million eBooks and audiobooks to over 30 million customers in 190 countries. Rakuten Kobo delivers the best digital reading experience through creative innovation, award-winning eReaders, and top-ranking mobile apps.
Rakuten Kobo Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations for candidates with disabilities participating in the selection process are available on request. Any information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Rakuten Kobo would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this role, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
*Rakuten Kobo will never ask you to pay or deposit any money as part of working with Kobo. Similarly, Kobo will never ask in an email or online for your banking information or any government information about you, such as social security information. If you encounter these fraudulent attempts, please send an email to [kobo-security]@rakuten.com with the relevant information, and do not respond to the sender. All legitimate emails from Kobo are sent only from the domain @rakuten.com. *
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.