Rakuten Global Advertising Business Division
Are you aspiring to take your career to the next level in the global advertising industry? Ready to join a global team of media and advertising professionals, who are passionate about driving value to media, advertisers and consumers?
We are looking for you!
Rakuten is one of the global internet industry’s hidden champions. Rakuten stands for ‘optimism.’ It means we believe in the future. It’s our understanding that, with the right mind-set, we can make the future better by what we do today. We challenge ourselves to evolve, innovate and experiment, to create a better, happier future for everyone.
Today, our 70+ businesses span e-commerce, digital content, communications and fintech, bringing the joy of discovery to more than 1 billion members across the world. At Rakuten, we strive to create an open, progressive and optimistic environment to advance our careers and our business. Our partnerships with the Golden State Warriors and FC Barcelona are symbolic of our attitudes and our aspirations.
The Rakuten Global Advertising Business Division is Rakuten’s global media sales house that offers unique access to real shoppers across its unrivaled media and e-commerce apps and sites. We are creating attractive, high performance audiences on Rakuten’s and our partners’ websites. We offer classic display, rich media, native, video and other ad formats that perform and deliver outstanding value to brands and merchants. We work with the world’s leading and most innovative advertisers to drive their business.
As a program manager, you will be leading interdisciplinary teams of commercial, technical, ecommerce and media experts to drive their businesses to more attractive advertising solutions. You will define, create and acquire new advertising inventory and advertising products that consumers love and drive sustainable growth for the media and advertisers alike. You will work alongside our Operations, Sales and Product teams. Your projects will involve working with colleagues and partners in the USA, Europe and in Asia.
As program manager, you will work closely with product management to help drive the scheduling, planning and execution of your own and your fellow project managers’ projects. You’ll develop and maintain schedules for the many moving parts that need to converge into new advertising products and solutions. You’ll be responsible for tracking progress, producing regular reports, anticipating bottlenecks, highlighting risks, driving deliverables and make trade-offs across the project portfolio. You will have the opportunity to partner with diverse technical and operations groups, spanning multiple businesses and teams within the company.
Key Responsibilities include
* Develop programs:
Devise new programs to support the strategic direction of the Global Advertising Business, including clear goals, success metrics and budgets.
* Manage interdisciplinary company-wide programs:
Establish a program management office and processes to organize and coordinate multiple projects and activities in accordance with our mission and goals. Report on progress and bottlenecks, as well as offer solutions to overcome obstacles.
* Be a coach and sparring partner of project management:
Support your fellow project managers to keep their projects on track and to deliver results in quality and on time.
* Develop recommendations based on data:
Direct the extraction and processing of data to build get insights, draw conclusions and develop recommendations for new, industry leading advertising products.
* Lead the building of commercial models:
Turn conclusions and recommendations into commercial models (incl. budgets) which incorporate key drivers for sales, costs and investments.
* Produce and give persuasive presentations:
Create compelling information and presentation material, which supports decision making and implementation of the team’s recommendations
* Lead productive meetings:
Prepare and run effective meetings with stakeholders and decision makers with a view to getting everyone aligned and primed for action.
* Project management:
From simple Gantt charts to complex dependencies, keep teams accountable and on-schedule with Scrums, agendas, and daily updates
* Get things done:
Define, implement and analyze proofs of concept, validate the underlying hypotheses, improve or discard the recommendations. Support the successful implementation. Establish efficient business processes around media buying, campaign execution, reporting, billing etc.
* Prepare yourself:
Get ready to become a successful business leader
You will be …
… working with Rakuten Group Company Ad Officers and other stakeholders to:
* Develop a comprehensive strategy for the Global Ad Business
* Ensure that innovation projects are progressing and deliver results in quality, on time and at cost
* Drive the business’s growth by coordinating multiple projects and leveraging efficient and transparent processes
… expanding your strengths:
* Talent – Drive – Creativity
* Love processes and methods of project and program managememt
* Persistence and will to succeed
* Thriving in a dynamic team environment
* Ability to multitask, prioritize and deliver
* Attention to detail and quality
Skills and qualifications:
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (in business, mathematics or computer science being a plus)
* 3 - 5 years of experience in consulting and project management, track record in program management
* Energetic, upbeat, team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Superb relationship building skills and ability to show value to clients
* Proven stakeholder management skills including expertise in resolving resource conflicts
* Ability to work across multiple functional levels of a matrixed organization to establish and achieve goals and objectives
* Self-motivated, independent, and high-performance individual, with ability to learn and become productive extremely fast
* Ability to travel up to 30% - 50% depending on project status
See what it's like working at our Crimson House West campus in San Mateo, CA!
Sponsorship tag select one!
Employment eligibility to work with Rakuten and it's brands in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Rakuten may choose to consider applicants that require some form of company sponsorship to work in the United States at its sole discretion, based on business needs.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.