HRIS Project Manager
Rakuten is currently seeking an HRIS Project Manager to implement and integrate Workday solutions across all businesses with prime responsibility for the Americas regions.
Reporting into the Global HRIS Director, you will work within a matrix structure supporting the regional Head of HR and the business unit HR teams managing the rollout and development of Workday.
Whilst key foundation modules are in place we looking to roll out further functionality including recruitment and LMS.
* Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in region, Japan HQ, and with implementation partners.
* Assist in building an over-arching change management plans including implementation and process adaption/training for end users within the region
* Create and deliver project level documentation and drive project plans to ensure that the projects are delivered on-time, and coordinating all necessary meetings and communication to ensure project success.
* Map the architecture of all employment data in the current regional HRIS ecosystem and oversee the architecture of employment data in Workday.
* Work closely with Workday implementation partners to understand the execution of all business processes within Workday.
* Define and drive the appropriate customisation that allows for alignment with global as well as ensures that customised solutions meet any legal or regulatory requirements in the countries of your respective region (labour law, data protection, etc.)
* Ensure that defined business processes are communicated and easily accessible to key stakeholders
* Operate process and rigor to ensure processing of employee data changes occur accurately and timely (if need be assisting local teams in processing this data onsite)
* Serve as subject matter expert on Workday matters
* Manage and update integrations with downstream systems (including collecting the necessary data from all companies and preparing it in a necessary format) and regular audits
* Work closely with the Workday support team to update changes in business processes as needed and implement new features/modules
* Ensure the user adoption of the platform by ensuring the creation of end-user documents and training materials as well as ensuring user training
* Ensure services are in compliance with professional standards, legal and regulatory requirements related to labour law, data protection, recordkeeping and reporting
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Human Resources, or equivalent work experience
* At least 4 years working on HRIS implementation ideally on an international basis
* Very strong project management skills
* Detailed Workday implementation experience is essential
* Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office – Advanced Excel, Word & PowerPoint, Project
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and to remote teams, and work effectively in complex matrix structures.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively under minimum supervision, with remote multicultural teams
* Excellent research, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills with attention to details
* A customer centric focus, with a sense of urgency and strong work ethic that results in quality work product
* Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information in all aspects of HR
* Travel (occasionally internationally) , and a flexible approach to working hours to attend calls outside of your time zone, is required for this role.
* Japanese language skills are an advantage.
See what it's like working at our Crimson House West campus in San Mateo, CA!
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.