Dev Ops Rakuten USA
$15k – $35k AngelList Est.
Rakuten, Inc. is the largest ecommerce company in Japan, and third largest ecommerce marketplace worldwide. Rakuten seeks to empower merchants to deliver Omotenashi, a hospitality mindset, which helps sellers create lasting relationships with customers.
At Rakuten we offer competitive salaries, benefits, annual bonuses, a stocked kitchen (including catered breakfast and lunch daily) and a dynamic office environment in San Mateo, CA. We love investing in our people and when it comes down to it, we think our entire team is pretty awesome. As a technology focused company, we understand the importance of an energizing atmosphere that promotes collaboration and innovation.
Working as part of Rakuten’s US Incubation Engineering Lab you will join the team that builds new customer-facing e-commerce, FinTech and sharing economy services on top of distributed back-end data stores, API, CQRS/pub-sub micro-services, web/mobile applications, merchant tools and client-side SDKs that are essential for global ecosystem growth at-scale leveraging public/private/hybrid cloud-native architecture and automation.
You will deliver technology that drives customer engagement enabling higher LTV and CVR, lower CAC for new and existing customer-facing businesses and external developers. Create a streamlined shopping experience empowering easier, faster and cheaper user engagement, retention and growth.
* DevOps strategy, design and implementation for local and remotely deployed development, staging and production environments.
* Collaborate with software engineers to automate SDLC for continuous integration, delivery and deployment including Production
* Enable dev team to focus on delivering web and mobile applications, APIs, SDKs and other tools
* Automate continuous integration/delivery/deployment service monitoring rules, alerts, notifications and maintenance with 24x7 DevOps support teams overseas
* Work closely with various teams within Rakuten and external partners/vendors to realize project requirements and rapidly deliver iterative solutions
* Follow best practice trends in technology, privacy, security and suggest new approaches to application infrastructure design and development, especially containers on the public cloud
* Implement best practices and methods to improve the development process within the team and organization
* Meet SLA of 99.95+% production service uptime; globally redundant, fault tolerant, horizontally/automatically scalable and highly secure
* Streamline and engineer multi-environment production release workflow Minimum Qualifications and experience:
* BS degree in Computer Science or related field (or 4 -7 years relevant work experience)
* 4 - 7 years as software, DevOps, cloud infrastructure or Enterprise IT automation engineer
* Hands-on experience with API services, SQL, No SQL/KVS, Cassandra, Mongo
* Cloud-native development/deployment infrastructure solution architecture, design and implementation
* Docker (Swarm, Stacks), Kubernetes application responsibility in Production cloud environments at-scale
* ELK + ElastAlert, Application Insights, Stackdriver, CloudWatch, Graphana, Datadog, SumoLogic, Splunk, NewRelic, Sentry, Kafka Streams, event streams, Confluent, Prometheus
* Globally automated production traffic monitoring, load balancing, scaling redundancy
* DevOps, support and IT security experience, threat, vulnerability event handing escalation procedures
* Git, GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket w/various branching/forking flows
* Test automation, continuous integration/continuous delivery and deployment, service monitoring and Test Driven Development with Mocha, Chai, xUnit, Selenium, Puppeteer, SpecFlow, Cucumber/Gherkin, Gatling, Calaba.sh
* Jenkins X, TeamCity, Bamboo, CircleCI, Travis, Octopus Deploy build servers, dev/staging/production environment configuration and maintenance, Bash scripting
* Production release management and deployment w/full automation of Chef, Ansible, Salt, Puppet
* PagerDuty, VictorOps, Pingdom, OpsGenie or similar
* Network configuration and trouble-shooting: load balancing, VPN, proxies, TCP/IP, routers + switches, traffic + port management, throttling, SLA compliance to 99.95% or better, multiple protocols, firewalls, DNS, SSL, TLS
* Google Cloud, AWS, Azure’s Docker container, Kubernetes services, Docker registries
* Strong communication skills, able to create strong working relationship with cross-functional teams.
Preferred (nice-to-have) Qualifications:
* Experience in the e-commerce, sharing economy and/or FinTech industry
* HTML5 + CSS (Less, Sass, SCSS)
* MVC / API frameworks, architecture and patterns, Spring Boot
* Asynchronous messaging/queuing, Caching, threads, sockets, concurrency
* Kong, Apigee, API Umbrella
* Doxygen, Javadoc, Artifactory, Markdown, Swagger
* Linkerd, Istio
* Experience with hybrid public-private multi-cloud, Spinnaker
* Experience working with teams abroad to support global customers
* Microservices, serverless
* GDPR, CCPA, PCI-DSS or similar security/privacy regulatory compliance
* Experience supporting and iteratively optimizing full-stack TDD lifecycle automation – business requirement analysis, prioritization, design, implement code, test, demo, refactor, release
* Native Android or iOS development and/or Hybrid Mobile App dev
* Fan of one of our Rakuten-sponsored sports teams: Golden State Warriors, FC Barcelona, Vissel Kobe, Golden Eagles
See what it's like working at our Crimson House West campus in San Mateo, CA!
Sponsorship tag select one!
Employment eligibility to work with Rakuten and it's brands in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Rakuten may choose to consider applicants that require some form of company sponsorship to work in the United States at its sole discretion, based on business needs.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.
More jobs at Rakuten AmericasView all jobs
Similar jobs to Dev Ops Rakuten USA at Rakuten Americas
StandardC illuminates and manages cannabis related B2B counterparty transactions