Associate Content Engineer
Associate Content Engineer, ShopStyle
ShopStyle is the world’s leading fashion search engine with the largest offering across 18 million products from more than 1,400 edited brands and retailers across the globe. By partnering with a curated selection of the best retailers and brands, our customers are confident in our search results covering every brand or store worth shopping, resulting in a smart, quick, relevant and inspirational shopping experience.
ShopStyle Collective is our influencer program that helps monetize any digital shopping content. Our network of more than 14,000 bloggers, vloggers, Instagrammers and app developers empower fashion-focused shopping across their respective channels.
Our philosophy of bringing the very best to our customers extends to our employees, who are the driving force behind our vision. With offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles and London, we are passionate about our culture and are always seeking talented, creative individuals to join us in our purpose — changing the way people shop.
For more information, visit ShopStyle.com (shopstyle.com) .
We are in search of an Associate Content Engineer. This is a full-time position located in San Mateo. The Associate Content Engineer plays a key role in helping improve the accuracy and quality of the ShopStyle’s product catalog content. The Associate Content Engineer will also support the Content Engineering team and business teams to recommend key improvements in product data feeds to help drive more sales to our retailer clients. The role also liaises with internal teams ranging from Business Development, Marketing, Engineering to Product, to help troubleshoot and resolve any catalog content related issues in a timely manner, to provide the best user experience for our shoppers. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Assist Content Engineering team in maintaining all retailer product catalog content for 1400+ retailers on ShopStyle and ensure catalog quality, accuracy and timeliness. Respond to and help resolve urgent product catalog content issues under strict SLA timelines
* Help monitor and inspect daily catalog updates and imports, and troubleshoot any errors in product catalog content on a daily basis. Review and QA crawler work completed by offshore vendor teams and assist offshore vendors in troubleshooting content issues
* Support integration and catalog maintenance for high priority retailer clients and communicate any catalog improvements to both internal business owner/teams and external clients/feed providers
* Support internal systems including: categorization, affiliate network setup, tracking, and internal database of brands, shipping countries, and other attributes within the ShopStyle product catalog database
* Support the Content Engineering team on integrating new retailer product catalog content onto ShopStyle site. Help review, inspect, analyze and QA product data feeds from external feed providers, affiliate networks and retailer clients to validate ShopStyle feed requirements, and make any necessary recommendations to client to improve feed quality
* Assist in communication with various internal cross-functional teams (Business Development, Marketing, Engineering, Product) on issue resolution timing
* OS: Unix
* Markup Languages: XML, HTML
* Database: MySQL and/or MongoDB
* Programming Languages: Java and/or Perl
* Regular Expression
* Experience with Github or similar system
* Experience using JIRA, Confluence or similar tool
* Experience with troubleshooting or resolving issues/ bugs
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong time management, organization and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work independently and as a team player
* Flexibility to work in the early mornings/late evenings, on weekends and during key holidays as needed to troubleshoot and fix any urgent catalog content issues that may arise
* Interest in ecommerce, retail and/or fashion
* Strong aptitude and desire to learn new techniques and tools
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
* 1+ years experience in a similar role or function
See what it's like working at our Crimson House West campus in San Mateo, CA!
Sponsorship tag select one!
Employment eligibility to work with Rakuten and it's brands in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Rakuten Americas at a glance
Rakuten Americas focuses on E-Commerce, Curated Web, Canada, and United States. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and San Mateo. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.