Earn micro‑scholarships from colleges for your achievements as early as 9th grade
Senior Software Engineer$140k – $160k • 0.01% – 0.04%
We're a small collaborative team who works closely across functions to bring new ideas and elegant solutions to complex challenges. We're nimble, continuously raising the bar and we love using data to make the best decisions.
We’re pursuing a complex and meaningful problem, and we’re looking for people who learn quickly and enjoy experimenting with new technologies and techniques. We're building something big here using rich data sets, game mechanics and innovative thinking.
Our values are imbued in everything we do: Be Inclusive, Be A Scientist, Raise The Bar, Always Be Improving, Lead With Humility; and Take the Keys.
Do you want to help us reinvent how students access aid for education?
What is the role?
You'll be working in a tight-knit team in a fast-moving environment to build engaging features to motivate students and help educators drive student success. You will take an active part in planning, designing and developing fullstack features for students, high-schools and colleges. Our current technology stack includes Rails, React, Golang, Node.js, MongoDb, Postgres and AWS.
Who are you?
As a Senior Fullstack Engineer you bring most of the below skills, with very strong experience in several.
- You have 4+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- You're passionate about honing your craft and applying best practices.
- You have professional experience with cloud computing services (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure). Bonus if that includes event-driven, messaging or serverless services.
- You're great with server-side languages. We use Ruby, but your skillset may include languages such as Java, Python, PHP or Node.js.
- You're skilled in a modern responsive web framework such as React, Angular or Vue.js (we use React).
- You're experienced with good API design (RESTful and/or GraphQL).
- You have experience with distributed web-based systems or microservice architecture.
This job is for you if you’re:
- Collaborative: You love working with others and mentoring junior team members. You believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Curious: You constantly question the way the world works and aren’t scared to think big about how we can improve it.
- Mission-Driven: You want to use your talents to make the world a better place and you’re in a rush to do it.
- A Maker: You love building awesome stuff. You bring your ideas to life and take pride in your craft. You’re resourceful and find ways to get things done.
- Not Fearful of Failure: You view failure as a step closer to figuring out what works. Taking on a huge, complex challenge excites you, even if you have no idea where to begin.
At RaiseMe, we're focused on ensuring that all students have the opportunity to achieve their college and career ambitions. We're looking for passionate, high-achievers who want to build a company that will help millions of students. If that's you, we'll want you to join our team.
Our platform allows colleges and universities to award incremental "micro-scholarships" to high school and community college students, based on academic, testing, extra-curricular, and real-world experience. Many of our students earn tens-of-thousands of dollars for college. The coolest part of our platform is how it educates students about the possibility of college in the first place.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Health & wellness
We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision to all of our full-time employees.
Our team members can save for retirement through a 401K plan that integrates seamlessly with our payroll.
We partner with Fitness SF to offer discounted gym memberships, and we have showers back at the office for those who commute by bike or foot!
We offer automated, pre-tax deductions on team members' Clipper Cards to save costs no matter the commute, and to encourage greater use of public transportation in our communities.
We encourage our team to pursue learning opportunities, and team members can put budget toward conferences, books, and/or classes to further growth & development.
Team outings & volunteering
As a mission-driven company, we try to find opportunities to volunteer with local organizations to serve students & give back to our community. We also have an annual company offsite, monthly outings, and sometimes office karaoke!
Our office is located in SOMA, with easy access to BART, Muni, and loads of coffee shops. We have a great city view from our sunny roof deck!
RaiseMe at a glance
RaiseMe focuses on Education, Marketplaces, Finance, K-12 Education, and Higher Education. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, RaiseMe has raised $32.525M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2018.