Chief Software Engineer (Co-Founder)No salary • 5.0% – 5.0%
*Must have the ability to do the work
*Must be local to Charlotte
*Must be a U.S. Citizen
*Must be dedicated and committed
*Must be able to dedicate ~20 hours/week, talent, and your own money to cover expenses
5% Equity Company Ownership, No Salary
Radiance VR, Inc., based in Charlotte, NC, is an American high-tech consumer electronics manufacturer that designs, engineers, and markets virtual reality personal computing systems.
Radiance is recruiting for a bright and experienced Software Engineer to come onboard, and be focused & dedicated on leading virtual reality software initiatives. New challenges arise everyday that requires creativity and sharp problem-solving skills, as well as tenacity, courage, and the ultimate competitive spirit.
This leadership position is highly cross-functional between roles.
The summary of this role includes the design, engineering, and implementation of virtual reality software solutions and applications used in virtual reality hardware. In a collaborative setting, you will need to design, write virtual reality related software and applications, test, implement performance evaluations, and work cross-functionally with industrial design, optical, electrical, and mechanical engineering.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Serve as the chief software engineering authority in the Company
• Lead all Company virtual reality software initiatives
• Design and implement features that power device/product experiences
• Write high-quality, performant, and maintainable code.
• Partner closely with the design team to help define and implement their vision.
• Be responsible for creating & executing information architectures, interaction design & UX
Qualifications and Skills:
• **Must have previous experience creating virtual reality software (TimeWarp, Spacewarp, Reprojection, Motion Smoothing. Asynchronous TimeWarp, Interleaved Reprojection, Asynchronous SpaceWarp, etc.)
• Must have 7 years of experience with programming operating systems and real-time operating systems (RTOS)
• Must have 7 years of experience with C++, C, Unity3D, Unreal Engine
• Must have 7 years of experience specifically with video processing/image processing within the high-tech industry
• Previous experience working on graphics, embedded and distributed cloud computing (Apache Hadoop & Apache Pig)
• Must have previous experience leading a software engineering team
• Must have previous experience bringing a software product to market
• Previous experience with cloud-based VR, graphics, and media streaming platforms preferred
• Previous experience with networking, IoT, embedded systems & cloud
• No visa sponsorships available
Work from home policy
Radiance VR at a glance
Radiance VR focuses on Consumer Electronics. Their company has offices in Charlotte. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Radiance VR has raised $60K of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2019.