Chief Computer Vision Engineer (Co-Founder)No salary • 5.0% – 5.0%
*Must have the ability to do the work
*Must be local to Charlotte
*Must be a U.S. Citizen
*Must be dedicated and committed
*Must be able to dedicate ~20 hours/week, talent, and your own money to cover expenses
5% Equity Company Ownership, No Salary
Radiance VR, Inc., based in Charlotte, NC, is an American high-tech consumer electronics manufacturer that designs, engineers, and markets virtual reality personal computing systems.
Radiance is recruiting for a bright and experienced Computer Vision Engineer to come onboard, and be focused & dedicated on leading virtual reality software initiatives. New challenges arise everyday that requires creativity and sharp problem-solving skills, as well as tenacity, courage, and the ultimate competitive spirit.
This leadership position is highly cross-functional between roles.
The summary of this role includes the design, engineering, and implementation of virtual reality computer vision programs used in virtual reality hardware. In a collaborative setting, you will need to design, write novel virtual reality computer vision programs, test, implement performance evaluations, and work cross-functionally with industrial design, optical, electrical, mechanical, and software engineering.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Serve as the computer vision engineering leader in the Company
• Lead all Company computer vision software initiatives
• Develop creative computer vision and tracking software
• Analyze, design, develop and debug computer vision and tracking software for advanced virtual reality hardware
• Design novel real-time 3D scene reconstruction techniques and delivering accurate visual odometry systems
• Apply machine learning to computer vision problems. Research and prototype techniques and algorithms for object detection and recognition
• Design robust software for integrating multiple sensors and tracking systems
• Prototype computer vision solutions for tracking, detection and modeling
• Lead research that enables modeling and tracking of the human body
• Lead cutting edge research in computer vision
• Lead research that can be applied to near and long-term product development
• Work closely with industrial design, electrical engineering, optical, mechanical engineering leadership
Qualifications and Skills:
• MSc. or Ph.D. in Computer Science with a concentration in Computer Vision
• Previous demonstrated experience with specifically virtual reality computer vision projects preferred
• Must have previous experience with computer vision projects
• Must have previous demonstrated experience with machine learning, Bayesian filtering, information theory, and 3D geometry
• No visa sponsorships available
Work from home policy
Radiance VR at a glance
Radiance VR focuses on Consumer Electronics. Their company has offices in Charlotte. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Radiance VR has raised $60K of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2019.