VP of Operations$50k – $90k • 0.1% – 1.0%
- About the position -
Rabbu is seeking an experienced leader to be a key part of a executive team that is using technology to change the short-term rental hospitality industry.
As VP of Ops, you will drive results by unleashing creativity and accountability in a performance oriented culture among a group of diverse and talented individuals. Your experience with other fast growing technology companies will help you craft efficient and effective systems for the entire organization while taking direct responsibility for operations, business development, and vendor management. You will also successfully run day to day operations in order to allow CEO to focus on growth, building partnerships/networks and promoting the vision.
The ideal candidate will have strong personal accountability for results, strong commitment to teamwork in support of the company’s success, adherence to ethical business practices, and comfort operating in a start-up environment with an ability to prioritize and drive actions to closure.
Responsibilities/Qualifications/Essential job Functions
• Working with the COO, the VP of Ops will lead all internal operations and will have the following responsibilities:
• Assist in developing and executing an integrated go-to-market plan for the product, including feature roll-out, product positioning, and routes to market.
• Assess market priorities and prioritize R&D investments.
• Deliver agreed performance within budget. Performance includes P&L, market share, and customer satisfaction targets.
• Work with Finance to develop a pricing model that ensures P&L targets are achieved.
• Partner with Business Development leader to establish agreed mix of pricing, marketing programs, direct sales, and channel partners.
• Manage and direct company operations to meet budget and other financial goals.
• Develop, establish, and direct the execution of operating policies to support overall company objectives.
• Working in partnership with the management team and board of directors, create the strategic multi year plan and implement new processes and approaches to achieve it.
• Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals.
• Oversee all administrative functions, ensuring smooth daily operations.
• Oversee contract negotiation and legal activities: client contracts, partnership agreements, vendor contracts, and other legal documents.
• Manage the daily performance of the operations team. Use good meeting and project planning practices to drive focus and results.
• Manage individual performance by establishing annual operating objectives for each employee with quarterly reviews. Also establish annual development plan for each employee and provide ongoing coaching.
• Develop and implement a strategic plan for a rapid scaling of operational capacity through automation, process improvements or other productivity measures while maintaining high quality standards, rapid response times, high reliability and cost effective operations.
• Interface with CTO to ensure appropriate systems are in place to achieve goals.
• Oversee the human resource function, including:
- Recruitment, hiring, onboarding and retention
- Compensation and benefits administration • Perform other job-related duties as required.
Skills and Expertise:
• Bachelor’s degree. An MBA or Master's a plus.
• 5+ years’ experience with progressive general management responsibilities in the technology industry in a high-paced & rapid growth environment
• Expertise overseeing design and manufacturing support organizations
• Successful creation and management of sales program through a distribution network
• Proven P&L management track record
• Business line management experience in launching new technology products, and scaling for growth and profitability
• Expertise in defining and scaling operational processes, both internally and with external partners
• Managing multiple projects in a manner that focuses the team and drives results
• Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of Rabbu
-Who We Are-
A team consisting of self-made and self-taught entrepreneurs with previous start-up exit experience.
We are problem solvers. We are proactive and hate being reactive. We look at challenges as opportunities and not as problems. We like to work hard. We aren't afraid to get our hands dirty if that's what it takes. We are innovators and outside-the-box thinkers. We are driven and passionate to be successful.
We are built on a culture of autonomy, understanding and freedom of expression.
You won't find any micromanagement in our office. We want to work with people for whom we would work for. Everyone at Rabbu is empowered to make decisions that they believe are in the best interest of the company. No second-guessing mistakes, just lessons learned. Our team is dedicated and works hard but we encourage and often require time-off to be taken.
When it comes to our customers, we live by the mantra of "how would you like to be treated in their situation". We understand that things happen that are out of our customers control so we will do everything possible to make the situation right even if the outcome is not ideal or economical for us. Our believe is that in the long-term, those initial sacrifices will more than payback for themselves.