Launch digital transformation with enterprise blockchain
Solutions Engineer - DevOps$160k – $170k
Professional Services team
R3’s Professional Services team works to bring Corda specialist expertise to our customers to make their adoption successful. We engage directly with our customers to design, build, deploy and advise them on their Corda journey to ensure long-term capabilities are sustained. Through a mix of business consulting, technical solutions and implementation, we help customers achieve their goals in the most effective way for their business.
Our customer-centric and innovative approach to providing services and solutions in the industry allows us to strategically assess our customer's needs and ensure they are set-up for success from the beginning of their journey. In addition to working directly with our customers, we strive to ensure that we are collaborating internally with our Sales, Engineering and Product organisations to provide better tooling, services and products based on our customers evolving needs.
We are looking for a talented customer-facing Solutions Engineer who is passionate about DevOps. As a Solutions Engineer, you will be part of the professional services team, your mission is to help our customers solve complex groundbreaking problems using R3’s blockchain/distributed ledger platform Corda Enterprise. You will leverage your technical expertise to help our customers create scalable solutions using the latest capabilities of Corda.
As a Solutions Engineer who is focussed on DevOps, you will be responsible for the architecture, design and build of infrastructure for our customer solutions, be an expert in cloud technologies, such as Azure, AWS and Google cloud. You will be focussing on creating highly scalable architecture using distributed systems. You will have a strong understanding of infrastructure as code, with commercial experience in building out orchestration and infrastructure using tools such as Terraform & Ansible and expand our containerisation story using Docker and Kubernetes.
You will be responsible for contributing to the team’s tool-kit of reusable deployment blueprints and document accordingly. The enterprise blockchain space is rapidly developing, opening numerous opportunities to define solutions for problems that no one has solved yet.
Due to the client-facing role nature of this role, it’s will be suited to someone who has previous consultancy or a professional services background, please expect to travel as needed to customer site in the Americas.
- Participate in deployment workshops with R3 customers to understand their bespoke infrastructure requirements.
- Design, document and present back to stakeholders.
- Understand customer requirements and provide guidance on which deployment strategy.
- Build new scripts based on customer requirements and leverage R3’s deployment templates.
- Provide guidance on Corda Application and design based on Java/Kotlin
- Provide expert guidance on scalability and performance testing.
- Work with customers to ascertain infrastructure and hosting requirements for their Blockchain application.
- Understand and articulate these requirements and leverage our deployment
- Work with Docker containers to encapsulate proprietary software.
- Manage go-live activities with the customer providing hyper care.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- You’ll also be responsible for providing timely, and actionable, information to the R3 Product Management team to help them assess, and prioritise future Corda platform features and capabilities.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments, preferably for a financial services institution
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in Azure, AWS and google cloud also welcome.
- Experience with monitoring systems (DataDog, Graphite/Grafana)
- Previous experience with automation software (Ansible and Terraform)
- Experience with central logging systems (preferable ELK)
- Commercial experience with containerisation (Kubernetes)
- Passion for scripting skills (shell, Python)
- Experience with one or more blockchain technologies desirable but not essential
- Vibrant, centrally located offices (with snacks provided)
- Private Medical & Dental (location dependent)
- Retirement scheme & life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave & family friendly policies
- Competitive vacation allowance
- Working from home & flexible working (as needed and agreed)
- A competitive salary that reflects your experience and merit
- Discretionary Equity Based Incentive Plan
- Discretionary bonus (or commission based incentive plan)
- Employee Referral Program
Unlimited snacks and drinks
R3 at a glance
R3 focuses on Enterprise Software, Financial Services, Finance, Supply Chain Management, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Singapore, and London. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, R3 has raised $112M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2018.