Our mission is to grow and share the world's knowledge.
User Researcher Intern 2020
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people's heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
User Researchers at Quora use a multitude of qualitative and quantitative research methods to understand user behavior, identify problems, and discover strategic opportunities. Researchers collaborate with cross functional product teams to use their findings to impact our product and improve the experience of millions of people who use Quora everyday.
About the Role:
As a User Researcher Intern, you'll work closely with Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineers, and Data Scientists to uncover insights into this unique platform. You'll partner with products teams to understand our users through discovering user motivations, key behaviors, pain points, and new opportunities. The goal of your research efforts and team collaborations will be to improve the product experience for millions of people all over the world.
* Design and conduct user research for high priority product initiatives, questions or areas
* Generate research insights to help product teams make confident decisions, and build empathy and intuition for our users
* Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners including Design, Data Science, Product Management, and Engineering
* Communicate findings and understanding about users to working teams and share broadly throughout the company
* Pursuing Masters or PhD in: HCI, cognitive science, psychology, anthropology, sociology, or other related domain
* Strong understanding of multiple research methods such as interviewing, surveying, diary studies, experimental design, quantitative behavioral analysis or data science
* Demonstrated practical experience conducting user research in an internship, lab, field or outside the classroom environment.
* Working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design
* Understanding of and excitement for Quora as a product
* Experience employing mixed method approaches ranging from quantitative to qualitative, or generative to evaluative
* Experience with field studies, ethnography, contextual inquiry, statistical analysis, or A/B testing
* Area of study in one or more of the following areas: social computing, social media, user-generated content, online communities
* Passion for Quora's mission and goals
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.