Our mission is to grow and share the world's knowledge.
Software Engineer - Machine Learning New Grad 2020 (Vancouver)
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people's heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
Our small engineering team works on challenging problems every day. We have a culture that's rooted in constantly learning and improving, and our engineers are encouraged to think big and experiment with new ideas. Using continuous deployment, we quickly see our changes in the product and make fast iterations. Our engineers focus on creating polished products and writing high quality code by designing APIs and abstractions that are extensible and maintainable. Everyone on the engineering team has a huge impact on our product and our company.
About the Role:
At Quora, we use Machine Learning in various parts of the product - feed ranking, spam detection, topic and user recommendations, etc. Our team of Machine Learning Engineers and have high impact by advancing the current Machine Learning systems, as well as uncovering new opportunities to apply Machine Learning to the Quora product. You will also play a key role in developing tools and abstractions that our other developers would build on top of.
* Improve our existing Machine Learning systems using your expertise
* Identify new opportunities to apply Machine Learning to different parts of the Quora product
* Work with other engineers to implement algorithms and systems in an efficient way
* Take end-to-end ownership of Machine Learning systems -- from data pipelines and training, to realtime prediction engine.
* B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
* Strong understanding of mathematical foundations of Machine Learning algorithms
* Knowledge of Python or C++, or the ability to learn them quickly
* A passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
* Previous software engineering experience via an internship, work experience or coding competition
* Passion for Quora's mission and goals
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.