Our mission is to grow and share the world's knowledge.
Senior Client Partner (Bengaluru)
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people's heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
As the founding business team in India, we have the opportunity to fundamentally shape the future of Quora in India. We are setting up a fast-paced startup here and will be engaging with customers in a more meaningful way than the typical sales experience. We’ll advise and even challenge our advertisers if it will help them to be more successful on Quora. We strive to be a team our advertisers and agencies look forward to interacting with the most because of the experience and value we deliver. Being part of this team means collaborating with our global counterparts and extending Quora’s culture and values in India.
About the Role:
Quora is seeking experienced Senior Client Partners to be the founding members of our India Sales Team. You'll primarily be responsible for selling our performance marketing product and also building brand solutions for Quora. You will partner with direct brands and/or agencies and contribute to the media planning of upcoming campaigns. As an early member of the team, you’ll have additional responsibilities, such as onboarding and training new team members, to help establish and cultivate relationships with Quora’s most strategic business clients.
The ideal candidate will have business experience in a media and sales environment in an advertising business or agency. Experience in and around paid search and direct response/performance marketing campaigns would be an added advantage. You’ll be a great fit in this role if you love creating relationships, being creative, advocating, exploring and bringing solutions to your partners.
This position is based out of our Bengaluru office.
* Lead activities that accelerate business growth with existing partners who are already using the Quora Advertising Platform (with a focus on performance advertising)
* Educate advertisers and agencies on owned, paid and earned media opportunities on the Quora platform and serve as a subject matter expert on Quora for brands
* Create RFP proposals and close accounts
* Develop and execute sales strategy in a dynamic, small team environment
* Reach and exceed KPIs consisting of client & agency calls, pitches and revenue goals.
* Identify and up-sell opportunities within accounts at the appropriate setting and time
* Lead the creation of persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of Quora to both performance marketers and brand marketers
* Increase the effectiveness of the team by recognizing and communicating opportunities for new approaches
* Manage the full sales-cycle, including contract generation and other deliverables for closing
* 7+ years recent sales experience in online advertising and with online advertising processes and technology
* 2+ years experience in selling to one of the following industries: Education, B2B, Ecommerce, BFSI, Travel, Auto, Technology or Entertainment
* Demonstrated exemplary verbal, written and listening communication skills with clients at all levels of seniority (up to the C-level) while respectfully challenging clients on strategic decisions
* Experience working with Salesforce.com for lead management and sales forecasting
* Prior track record of working autonomously to overcome barriers and while working collaboratively as part of the bigger team in a fast-paced, challenging environment
* 10-15 years recent sales experience in online advertising
* Comfortable working with a new product and serving as the point of contact during on-boarding phase
* Experience mentoring junior team members
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any field
* Passion for Quora's mission and goals