Our mission is to grow and share the world's knowledge.
Engineering Manager - Machine Learning
$145k – $180k AngelList Est.
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people's heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds -- from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences -- so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
Our small engineering team works on challenging problems every day. We have a culture that's rooted in constantly learning and improving, and our engineers are encouraged to think big and experiment with new ideas. Using continuous deployment, we quickly see our changes in the product and make fast iterations. Our engineers focus on creating polished products and writing high quality code by designing APIs and abstractions that are extensible and maintainable. Everyone on the engineering team has a huge impact on our product and our company.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Manager to join our growing engineering team. At Quora, we use machine learning in various parts of the product -- feed ranking, content understanding, spam detection, ad selection, topic and user recommendations, etc. As a machine learning expert, you will have a unique opportunity to have substantial impact by leading and growing the team that advances these systems, as well as uncovering new opportunities to apply machine learning to the Quora product. Your team will also play a key role in developing machine learning tools and abstractions.
* Lead and grow a team of expert machine learning engineers
* Provide technical guidance in ML experiments and projects
* Identify new opportunities to apply machine learning to different parts of the Quora product
* Take end to end ownership of machine learning systems
* Partner with other teams such as Data, Design and Product to collaborate on projects across the company
* Work with the engineering management team to develop new initiatives and improve existing processes across the entire engineering team
* Work closely with Recruiting to expand the team, including sourcing and interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events and on-boarding new employees
* 5+ years of industry experience in machine learning or related field
* 3+ years of experience in managing engineering teams
* Deep understanding of the mathematical foundations of machine learning algorithms
* Previous experience building end to end machine learning or related systems
* BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.