Our mission is to grow and share the world's knowledge.
Community Manager - Bengali
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people's heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
The Writer Relations team at Quora is responsible for helping Quora’s best contributors achieve their goals on Quora. We provide support, guidance, assistance with moderation an other issues, and help the product team understand contributor feedback and sentiment.
About the Role:
Internationalization is a critical part in achieving our mission. Last year we launched Quora in Bengali (quora.com/q/quora/Announcing-Betas-for-Quora-in-8-New-Languages) and other languages, and we're eager to make Quora available in more languages soon.
Quora is looking for a full-time contractor to activate and manage the writer community on Quora in Bengali. As part of the team working on Internationalization, you will play a dynamic role in helping early adopters, active contributors, and influential figures find success on Quora in Bengali from the beta period, launch, and beyond. You're a native speaker, curious, driven, and excited to make a significant impact in helping achieve the company's mission.
* Help attract, encourage, build, and manage Quora's Bengali writer community in India
* Be an active member of the Quora India community
* Evangelize Quora's policies and take responsibility for major moderation decisions affecting active writers
* Develop and execute marketing strategies targeted towards recruiting valuable contributors to Quora
* Pursue growth-related partnerships and opportunities for Quora
* Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to better understand Quora's Bengali user needs
* Experience growing and managing online communities
* Mastery of the Bengali language; ability to write prolifically in grammatically correct Bengali
* Fluency in English
* An understanding of different cultures across different regions of India and internet industry trends
* Experience working with technical teams at product-centric companies
* Passion for being part of an active writing community
* Proven ability to work independently with enthusiasm, energy, and drive
* Thoughtful usage of Quora and passion for our mission
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.