Our mission is to grow and share the world's knowledge.
Product Manager - Mobile
$140k – $175k • No equity
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people's heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds -- from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences -- so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
Our product managers excel at and are responsible for guiding, enabling, and accelerating the efforts of our designers, engineers, and data scientists to build and ship successful products. You'll have the opportunity to drive company-level impact, influence overall company strategy, and interface regularly with product leadership and the executive team. We have a strong emphasis on data, balance rigor and pragmatism, and employ scalable solutions in pursuit of building successful products for our 300+ million unique monthly visitors.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Product Manager to help lead the company’s mobile efforts. In this role, you’ll be responsible for establishing the company’s mobile app strategy for Android and iOS, driving the direction and execution of strategic projects on the mobile team, and collaborating with other product teams to ensure that we’re building the most competitive consumer app experience possible
* Identify key product needs and solutions related to increasing app usage and enhancing the app experience as we scale
* Partner cross-functionally with engineering, design, product, data science, legal, and marketing teams to gather requirements for, define, implement, and communicate changes related to our mobile apps
* Define objectives, metrics, and key results to help guide, prioritize, and measure the success of initiatives
* Manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way
* Research the competitive app product landscape to inform product decisions, and stay on the pulse of mobile industry developments
* B.S. in Computer Science or a related engineering or mathematical discipline
* 2+ years Product Management experience at a consumer app company
* Experience working with Android and/or iOS apps
* Adept at using qualitative and quantitative data to drive decisions
* Empathy for and understanding of Internet users' needs, behaviors, and motivations
* Experience working within a data-driven product company
* Domain knowledge related to the mobile industry and mobile app development
* Passion for Quora's mission and goals
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.